Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Authorize.net SIM or AIM ?

Hi everybody. I am fairly new to Zen Cart. Wanting to integrate the site with authorize.net and was just wondering the pros and cons of SIM or AIM. I know you need your own SSL cert for AIM but I tried SIM and could not get it to work.

I have a couple questions please

1. Can you collect CVC data with the SIM method?

2. Is the The API Login ID used for the Authorize.net service the same as the login in I use to access my Authorize.net account or is this some other log in that is generated from the Authorize.net control panel?

3. I installed a separate payment form on another website and have an Authorize.net transaction key that I used on that account. Can I use the same transaction key for my Zen Cart?

4. I noticed that there needs to be some Silent Post / Receipt URLs entered in the Authorize.net admin panel. I entered the root domain for my website and also http://www.mysite.com/index.php?main...t_confirmation but still get this error

This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request.,,P,0,,,241.31,,auth_capture,

Can somebody please give me some guidance on setting this all up? Thank you in advance!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM or AIM ?

Quote Originally Posted by emlink View Post
    1. Can you collect CVC data with the SIM method?
    With SIM, customers can enter CVV details at the Authorize.net payment screen if you've got that field enabled.

2. Is the The API Login ID used for the Authorize.net service the same as the login in I use to access my Authorize.net account or is this some other log in that is generated from the Authorize.net control panel?
    First you generated an API login ID and a Transaction Key, from your Authorize.net account console. Then you use that information in your Zen Cart payment module settings.

3. I installed a separate payment form on another website and have an Authorize.net transaction key that I used on that account. Can I use the same transaction key for my Zen Cart?
    Yes, you can use the same key.
    However, I don't recommend using SIM on two sites. Only use SIM on one site, because the postback URL could get confused and send customers to the wrong place.
    If you have to use the same account on multiple sites, use AIM.
    However, you *should* check to determine whether your account allows you to use it on multiple sites. You are responsible to comply with your account contract's terms of service.

4. I noticed that there needs to be some Silent Post / Receipt URLs entered in the Authorize.net admin panel. I entered the root domain for my website and also http://www.mysite.com/index.php?main...t_confirmation
    This is another reason to use AIM. It's much easier to configure ... and you don't need the postback URLs etc.

but still get this error

This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request.,,P,0,,,241.31,,auth_capture,
    I suggest talking to your account rep about that ... the message says that your account isn't allowed to do auth_capture transactions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM or AIM ?

Thanks so much I really appreciate that. I guess I will do the AIM module. I'm all for things being easier!

Emmy