Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting Blank Page On Checkout

just incase anyone else is experiencing this error (l was), l followed the instructions given, and got the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ot_insurance::get_order_total() in /home/xxxx/public_html/products/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 181

l then looked for and found an old shipping insurance module in admin that l was no longer using, turned it off, and voila, everything worked again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by breck View Post
    I put exactly what you gave me and uploaded it with SmartFTP.

I give up. Going back to my 1.3.7.
    Don't have the patience.
    Try using notepad and using "Auto" mode for upload. Looks like the RTF editor you are using is adding the formatting code to the text

Plugin Contributions

Well after putting it off for a while, I attempted it again and still got the blank pages. So I said screw it and started from scratch. One thing I did notice is that the Canadapost shipping module had to by upgraded for the new version.

I am thinking that this module was causing the blank screens in the checkout process. Could this be the issue?

Plugin Contributions

A blank page on checkout is likely a php error but ZC is supressing the error. You need to get this to find out what the error is.

Plugin Contributions

Hey everyone,
    I've getting the same problem, only mine is on the checkout_success page. I've replaced the tpl_checkout_success_default.php in the /includes/templates/template_default/templates directory, and have also uploaded it into my custom template directory at /includes/templates/getskinsnow/templates

I've also uploaded a fresh new copy of the /includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_checkout_success.php file.

nothing seems to resolve this.

ALSO, I've changed to the Classic Green template, and other "stock templates" that come w/ the default install, and the problems occurs there as well - so perhaps, is this issue on the Checkout Confirmation page? I can't see how, since if it were a custom template issue, it wouldn't be happening on the classic template too.

HELP! DrByte, you said something about this being an "email issue" and a patch was available? I've got the lastest version installed, 1.3.8a.

Fred

Plugin Contributions

I never figured it out either and gave up. I used my old version up until 2 weeks ago and then did a fresh install. Very time consuming since you have to rebuild the entire site. It has to be some kind of bug if several people have the same issue.

Plugin Contributions

breck,
    hate to hear that .. I've also replaced the header in the /modules/pages/checkout_success.

I've installed the debug utility, and nothing is being written into /cache/ and yes, my permissions are correct.

hope someone can shed some light on this ASAP.
    Fred

Plugin Contributions

Yea - I was disappointed on not finding out what the culprit was.

My initial site wasn't to large but was still time consuming starting from scratch.

My site now is getting bigger and growing, and if the next update causes the same issues, I won't be updating. Don't have the patience to go through it all again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

breck's issue is file corruption, caused by the server or the ftp software, or something akin thereto. An entirely isolated case as far as I can tell ... the only report of such things after over a million downloads of Zen Cart.

Fred, your issue is not the same as breck's ... unless of course you're seeing the same extra junk in the files after uploading them to your server. So, rather than confuse issues, it's better to take your discussion to one of the other places where you've double-posted the identical question.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fmckinnon View Post
    HELP! DrByte, you said something about this being an "email issue" and a patch was available?
    I'm not sure where/what you're referring to.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast