Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Another Admin Login problem

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Well i Deleted the 1.3.8 and database and started with a fresh 1.3.7.1 copy and it all worked fine.

one thing i did change is the database name which i changed to "zencart" like my other store.

However i did have some PHP issues with 1.3.8a but was not really worried about it as i thought it was the same problem i was having. Maby the link above will fix all this in the 1..3.8a version.

I will be doing another store soon which ill have more time to play with and ill try the 1.3.8a or the latest version agian and try to stick with it.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Yes Dr Byte tried that and it made no difference....

Been a month now and can't get into my zen cart 1.3.8a

Thank goodness I didnt 'upgrade' my moneysite.....

There is a bug here that need fixing.... if anyone can help!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I know this is a somewhat dead thread, but I thought I'd mention to anyone out there who might have the same problem, I had been logging in fine for days, then I had reason to login to my old zencart install's admin, and instantly was kicked out of the new install's admin, and couldn't login again (would just reload the login page). So clearly ON MY SITE there is some conflict with being logged into more than one admin (at least at the same domain). Deleting cookies didn't SEEM to help.

Try to avoid it, or else use firefox for one install and IE for the other to avoid conflicts. After a little while, the conflict seems to resolve itself when the session expires.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if anyone still has this problem but having just upgraded my server I had similar issues.
    Running
    Apache 2.0
    Dual Install PHP 4.4.7 and 5.2.5
    Zencart 1.3.8a installed from CPanel Fantastico

Working fine before the upgrade, after unable to log in to admin.

Putting following in the .htaccess file to force running under PHP5 cured the problem, but interestingly taking out the .htacess file after it had run correctly once the log in now works OK under PHP4. No idea why but it is worth a try (not sure that the php_flag line is essential as it was already there).

AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php
    php_flag register_globals on

Plugin Contributions

Its been 6 months now... no suggestions? Mildy frustrating to say the least.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by phil99
    The site was working fine... then stopped working unexpectedly!
    Most times this is the result of something that you changed - like editing a file with a mis-edit or using a non-plain text editor etc.

There is a debug tool in the downloads section that will log the process and several other posts/threads anout the admin login looping

Also not starting your own thread and piggy backing on anothers is part of the response issue as it looks as though there has been many responses
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi there, having the exact precise same problem it seemed very sensible to piggy back this thread.

As I said I did not modify the code, it was working and then just stopped.....

However I do have a 1.3.7 install that I log into which works but is there a conflict with the cookies if you log into 2 sites??

Plugin Contributions

Another thing i have noticed slightly different is that on my 1.3.7 i can enter domain/admin and it directs to the login page....

On my on/off working version of 1.3.8 i have to type the complete url... domain/admin/login.php to get to the page....

Is this a clue or nothing?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I have deleted cookies, tried different browsers no difference....

So i added the Admin password and user name to the database as per the forgotten admin password and yet again it makes no difference....

I can see in phpmyadmin that i have my user names correct and the admin email is correct....

If i click resend password to email it doesnt work.. anyway I can remember the password it just loops back to admin.

I have PHP 4.4.6 and my zen 1.3.7 cart works just fine... so how can it be my version of php? what is going on here!!!

Like i say it use to work and then just stopped working,, as per many others on these forums....

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast