Plugin Contributions

customer issue shipping address and Delivery Date

Hi,

I am getting some problem in shipping address and delivery date in zencart.

When a customer wants to buy any product, if the customer is not a member, then he have to be the member of the shopping cart. Else it is not possible to but product from the site. But I need, after the login information, i need same form for the shipping information will be there for filling up. I found in the change shipping address there, but there is no shipping contact number. I need that should be integrated in the shipping details.

And please note that, I need the billing form and the shipping form should be display in the login page. I don't want the default shipping address = sender address. After be a member, the customer can change verious shipping address, But when a new subscriber will fillup the form , there should be two forms, one for the Billing address and another for the shipping address.

Also i need the delivery date field for my customers.

Please help me out from this problem.

Waiting for kind reply,

with best regards
    WDH

Plugin Contributions

customer issue adding delivery date and shipping telephone number

Hi,

I have designed the website www.spradhanflorist.com using ZenCart. One thing i wanted to show in the Zencart shipping method. I need to display the "Delivery Date" and "Shipping Contact Number" in the shipping Zone. and also i need the shipping details which should not be default as the subscriber.

I have made some modification in the following files ::

1. includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php -->

$telephone = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['telephone']);
    $ddate = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['ddate']);
    -Where $telephone and $ddate regarding the shipping contact number and shipping delivery date respectively.

2. template_default/templates/tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php -->

<fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo "Delivery Contact Number"; ?></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="telephone"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('telephone', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_telephone', '40') . ' id="telephone"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    </fieldset>

<fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo "Shipping / Delivery Date"; ?></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="dob"><?php echo ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('ddate', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_ddate', '40') . ' id="ddate"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE_TEXT . '( YYYY-MM-DD )</span>': ''); ?>
    <?php // echo zen_draw_input_field('ddate','', 'id="ddate"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>

3. language/english.php -->

define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE', 'Telephone:');
    define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_TEXT', '*');
    define('ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE', 'Delivery Date:');
    define('ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE_ERROR', 'Delivery date should not be Blank ');
    define('ENTRY_DELIVERY_DATE_TEXT', '*');

And also added two fields in "zen_address_book" table --> telephone and ddate.

--This is upto what i have done. Now the shipping address inputed by the customer, goes to the table fine. and it working good. But the thing is that, I am unable to display those information in the "Step 1 of 3 - Delivery Information" page just under the "Shipping Information". I mean i want to display the shipping telephone number and Delivery date there for customer confirmation.

Will you please help me to display those in that area? And also I need the email comes to me after customer order, should contain the delivery date and shipping telephone number.

Please help me.

Waiting for your reply,

With Best regards,
    WDH

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: adding delivery date and shipping telephone number

You may need to hire custom programming help to deal with the alterations you are attempting to make.

You can post for paid help in the Commercial Help Wanted area.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.