Hello everyone,
First thanks for a great online cart and for this forum. This forum is invaluable resource that I have used for months. With that said I have been running in a strange error. Any help would be much appreciated.

We recently moved to 1.3.8a of zencart and moved to payment pro for our credit card processing. So far everything has work well except on 2 customers we have receive payment errors from paypal.The customer then gets charged multiple times (but we only receive one order confirmation). One customer was charged 5x on his Visa for an order and another was charged 5x on his Discover. Each charge has a different time stamp so it appear that each one was processed individually at a different time.

Each time this has occurred we receive an email from Paypal contains the following
subject states: ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error ( <!-- -->)
and the body only contains a single hypen ( - )

We then receive the normal payment confirmation on each of the duplicate payments.

The first time this happened I figured it was user error. But after the second time I am not so sure. It still could be the end user causing the problem but I have not be able to repeat it in my testing.

Background information on the setup:
The original cart was a very out of date Zencart 1.2.5 [fresh install at the time] --> we then copied the database from the live cart to a test db then --> upgraded files/db to 1.3.7.1 that we use for developing the new template and layout (no payment modules were loaded or testing done with this version)-->then upgraded db/files on the test cart (1.3.7.1) to 1.3.8a after it was released. We then performed some testing on the the 1.3.8a version and loaded the Website Payments Pro module. After the testing was completed we unloaded the Payments Pro module, renamed the test db, and then renamed the live db to the old test db name. Then adjusted the config.php files to correct username/psswd and paths and ran the installer on the "new" cart to upgrade the db schema only. We then reloaded the payment pro module and re-configured it to all the paypal api setting. We then ran a few more tests on the live cart that night (later refunding the tests) and everything seemed to work OK.

Server config:
Linux (CentOS): 2.6.9-55.0.9
Apache: 1.3.37
PHP: 4.4.4
mySQL: 4.0.27

Thanks,
Chad