Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please Help trying to setup PayPal Pro

I know I am probably being dumb but..

I just set up 1.3.8a so I can use PayPal Website Payments Pro. I have registered with PayPal and have access to PayPal manager with status set to test as I imagine it is waiting approval. But how do I test? I set Paypal Express to PayflowUK entering the details asked, I then set Website Payments Pro to Payflow-UK mode and both to Live but on doing a test purchase and entering card details I just get the message: 'Your order is being processed, please wait...' and nothing happens. I tried setting express to mode 1 - PayPal but still same problem.

One thing is that I have the Paypal Return URL set to my 1.3.7 site which uses IPN as this is a working site so I can't change it.

Any ideas or is it just because the payment pro is not yet authorised?

Neil

Default Re: Please Help trying to setup PayPal Pro

One other thing when Pro is set to mode 2, Payflow-UK = Website Payments Pro UK Payflow Edition, it says I need to enter my payflow details but there is no where to do it. I can enter the details under express however by going back into edit

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suspect your issues are all related to the account being not-yet-approved.

The PayPal Return URL on your account settings has no bearing on Website Payments Pro transactions.

If you're using a UK account, you need to ensure that you've entered both the API signature security details and the Payflow user/vendor/partner/password details ... otherwise your transactions will fail.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Thank you Dr Byte

But where do I enter the Payflow details as I only get this option in paypal express or do I need to have express set to Payflow-UK in order to use Web Payment Pro which gets it's details from there if I also set Website Payments Pro to Payflow-UK?

Thanks again

Neil

also a bit confusing when the note from Paypal says

'While your application is being reviewed, your Website Payments Pro services are available in a test state. This means that for a time-limited period, you have secure access to PayPal Manager, a premier business and service management portal from where you can run test transactions, start configuring the API and set up your services'

when you can't in fact run test transactions!

Neil

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ellisn View Post
    also a bit confusing when the note from Paypal says

'While your application is being reviewed, your Website Payments Pro services are available in a test state. This means that for a time-limited period, you have secure access to PayPal Manager, a premier business and service management portal from where you can run test transactions, start configuring the API and set up your services'

when you can't in fact run test transactions!
    That may or may not be a "fact". I've not dealt with an account in that status. I'm only guessing that that may play a part in the problems you're encountering.

I suspect the real issue is that you've not entered security credentials.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

But where do I enter the Payflow details as I only get this option in paypal express or do I need to have express set to Payflow-UK in order to use Web Payment Pro which gets it's details from there if I also set Website Payments Pro to Payflow-UK?
    Website Payments Pro requires that Express Checkout be enabled. Thus, all the security settings are inside the Express Checkout module's configuration screen.

Once set in Payflow-UK mode (save that setting and go back into edit mode), you'll see the following fields to fill in:
    - API signature
    - API key
    - API password
    - User
    - Vendor
    - Partner
    - Password

The first 3 come from your PayPal account.
    The last 4 come from your PayPal Manager account.

Thanks for all your help

Do I then also set website payments pro to payflow-uk?

Neil

I did have all the details entered for express ipn thing as that is what I have on my working 1.3.7 site Stable Imaging

I also entered the website payment pro details in express and set both to payflow-uk but still the 'Your order is being processed, please wait...' message and stop. Will just have to wait I guess until paypal authorise the pro account.

Neil

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

... but still the 'Your order is being processed, please wait...' message and stop.
    Where do you see that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast