Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default shipping charges -- how can I restrict USPS services to certain destinations?

Hi,

Is there a way to offer a flat rate shipping in the US of $6.49 on all purchases in conjunction with International Priority Mail shipping to the whole world with Canada having International First Class also as an option? I thought if I created zones of the US, the rest of the world but Canada, and Canada it would work out. Perhaps I don't understand how to create zones that work. Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks so much,

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping charges

Just a follow up to my first post. I have created zones for International without Canada and another zone for Canada. From the shipping module in the amin page, I can apply certain shipping methods to a zone, but only to that zone. For instance, if I edit to show First Class and Priority Mail to the Canada zone, I don't have shipping to anywhere else. If I use the international zone then there is no shipping options for Canada. Is there a way to make is so shipping can be set up based on multiple zones?

Thanks again,

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping charges

And yet another update...

I have figured out how to have a flat rate in the US only while offering International Priority Mail through the PO. I can't figure out how to have First Class International mail as an option for Canada only and no other country. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping to Canada

Hi,

Can someone please help me? My store is set up with one flat rate charge for all US shipping and Global Priority for the rest of the world. I now want to add International First Class mail as an option for Canada. I can't figure out how to do this without knocking out Priority Mail to the rest of the word. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Desperate for help!

I would have thought this could be done with zones, but my developer says that it's not a simple thing to offer.
    This is exactly how this is to be configured...Set up a canada zone, a us zone(Iassume you are in the US) and a rest of the world zone
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kobra!

Yes, I am in the US.

I tried to do the zones myself, but found when I worked on the shipping module for the USPS, if I applied something to the Canada zone, it knocked out what was done for the rest of the world. It's as if I only could get the USPS module to accept shipping for one international zone and not two.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't I have to set up one zone with the world including Canada and offer Priority Mail. Then I set up another zone with Canada and only offer First Class. If I put Canada in a zone all by iteself won't it knock out Priority Mail to the rest of the world when I enter this into the module? That is the problem I think I have been having. It's as if I only get to tell the module one time what to do with International Priority Mail. I hope I'm explaining this well, but suspect I'm not.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Hello again,

I jsut tried to accomplish this with zones, but it seems that whichever option I enter last is all that I end up with. If I pick a zone with Canada then I only am offering shipping to Canada and the rest of the world is knocked out. What am I not getting?

Thanks,

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

If done correctly you should see 2-3-4 zones setup and one selected as default and this should be the US

If using this you set rates in the zones module - usps grabs their own rates from their own tables
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra,

I'm not sure I'm following you. Right now I am using the USPS shipping module. I have zones set up for the US, Virginia (my state), the world including Canada and Canada only. I have been trying to use the feature in the USPS shipping module where I edit that module and add a zone to apply a USPS shipping service to that zone only. Perhaps this has been my error. Are you suggesting that I now need to use the zone rates module to offer different services to different locations? Could a lightbulb have just gone off?

Plugin Contributions

Whitknits,
    From my understanding of the way this works, zone rates are for setting flat rates for certain zones, not for the zone that the USPS module uses. Example, $8.00 to US, $12.00 to Canada and $25.00 elsewhere.

The USPS module allows you to select one zone and enable it for that zone ONLY. So, yes, if you set the zone in USPS to Canada, then USPS will only be available for Canada.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast