Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't connect to my database.

Do I just check these in my configure.php file or is there another place that has this information?

As in my control panel I can see the username but not any passwords.

Plugin Contributions

oh ok.............how would I make them so they could be written.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty16 View Post
    Do I just check these in my configure.php file or is there another place that has this information?

As in my control panel I can see the username but not any passwords.
    The aim is to ensure that what is in your configure.php files matches what your database and hosting account are expecting. It's not possible for us to tell you how to find these out, as different web hosts configure their set ups differently and offer different tools to accessing them.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty16 View Post
    oh ok.............how would I make them so they could be written.
    Sometimes this can be done via your FTP software, sometimes it has to be done via your web hosts control panel. Depending upon which FTP software you are using and what your web host allows / offers.

Personally I usually delete the configure.php files on my server using my FTP software (FileZilla) immediately before uploading new files. That way there's no doubt about whether they got updated or not.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply........I did try that by deleting the file first......No luck there.............I really do think the problem is at my host...........As miraculously they have restored my gallery.............go figure......

I am going the long way around..............I have installed a new web address and installed zencart on there.........I have downloaded all the new files.................Now I'm in the process of uploading my originals site files that I had as back up.................So far all is working but this is just a bandaid.............as the original site is stil out of action.............I suppose it's a good thing I am doing this as I will always have a back up site to redirect customers too.

Thanks for all your help, you have given me some great conclusions that I can always come back to.

Plugin Contributions

I just thought that I would post this conclusion as it may help someone else......

After the issues I had with the upgrading the server and getting these 0 database errors....

I did do another install of zencart and with this new install I did get alot of errors also...............I just thought I'd try adding the new user I had just created to my old stores msql database.....I made sure I took notes of the username and passwords...........which can also be found in the new stores includes/configure.php file and admin/includes/configure.php file....

I then added this new username and password to my old stores includes/configure.php file and admin/includes/configure.php file....

And HOLY COW it worked............My store is now back up and running............I hope this may help someone else...........I know after 4 days of sitting at this computer trying to work it out, I'm off to have a bite to eat and a cuppa.

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear you got there. Sounds as though your database user password had gotten messed up in the transfer. Congrats on the persistence that saw you through.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Can't connect to my database.

Hi Guys,

I've ran into the exact same problem..but unable to sort it out.. I've checked out every single thing which has been mentioned above..but no luck as of now..
    pls help me out !!!

Thanx in advance,

Sushil

Plugin Contributions

Have you checked with your webhost whether they changed your database access credentials during your server move Or if your database access is not via localhost, whether they changed the database server?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Can't connect to my database.

Yes the username was changed..and that is why the database also changed (i mean the prefix of the database)

I've tried changing the username and password in the congifure.php file in includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php
    but to no use..

I'm really worried and dont know what to do...I've worked on this for a long time and cant afford to lose it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast