Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: QuickBooks Merchant Service

I hate to post the same request twice, however there have been no responses to my first request.

I have gone over and over the installation of the mod and it is correct yet it will not show up in the payment modules in Admin. I have tried it in two different stores with the same result.
    It is hard to screw up the upload of two files. So what could the problem be?

I have read and re-read this thread and all I could find was one other person that had the same problem and the only suggestion they received was to check if the files were uploaded properly.

Any suggestions, help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bettysue View Post
    I hate to post the same request twice, however there have been no responses to my first request.

I have gone over and over the installation of the mod and it is correct yet it will not show up in the payment modules in Admin. I have tried it in two different stores with the same result.
    It is hard to screw up the upload of two files. So what could the problem be?

I have read and re-read this thread and all I could find was one other person that had the same problem and the only suggestion they received was to check if the files were uploaded properly.

Any suggestions, help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

betty
    Hi Betty -

Sorry for you not hearing back from anyone. This thread went very quiet for a while (a good thing!), and I only recently jumped back in to make sure there weren't 1.3.9 issues (I didn't have any).

Re. your question. IF the files are installed, and the "qbms.php" file is in the directory along with other payment modules, then it should show up as a payment module in the admin section. Short of that answer.... I'm not sure I can help... Maybe make sure you clear your browser cache? Make sure the permissions on the qbms.php file is exactly the same as other payment module files in the directory?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cptok View Post
    Hi Betty -

Sorry for you not hearing back from anyone. This thread went very quiet for a while (a good thing!), and I only recently jumped back in to make sure there weren't 1.3.9 issues (I didn't have any).

Re. your question. IF the files are installed, and the "qbms.php" file is in the directory along with other payment modules, then it should show up as a payment module in the admin section. Short of that answer.... I'm not sure I can help... Maybe make sure you clear your browser cache? Make sure the permissions on the qbms.php file is exactly the same as other payment module files in the directory?
    Just to verify that everything is where it should be:

In /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ there is a qbms.php file with attributes of 755 which is the same as the other file in the directory.

In /includes/modules/payment/ there is a qbms.php file with attributes of 755 which is the same as the other files in the directory.

My server/version info is:

Server Host: xxxxx for security reasons
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-023stab046.2-enterprise
    Database: MySQL 5.0.91-community
    Server Date: 07/05/2010 16:21:00
    Database Date: 07/05/2010 16:21:00
    Server Up Time: 16:21:00 up 69 days, 7:47, 0 users, load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.03
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 16M
    PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Max Size: 2M POST
    Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 798 kB
    Database Index Size: 403 kB

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2008-06-17 14:14:39] (Fresh Installation)

I don't know if anything is off in my server info or not. If so, please let me know what needs to be changed to make the mod work. If nothing is off, I am at a loss. I have even tried changing the attributes to 777 and that didin't do anything so I changed them back to 755.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Betty - it all looks fine (although I will say that the files in both my 1.3.8 and 1.3.9 directories are 644 permissions).

One additional quick question - silly, but have to check and make sure. The qbms module will show up at the bottom of the list as "Pay by Credit Card" with only the second column showing "qbms". Are you sure that's not at the bottom of the admin payment module screen?

Plugin Contributions

Betty - it all looks fine (although I will say that the files in both my 1.3.8 and 1.3.9 directories are 644 permissions).

One additional quick question - silly, but have to check and make sure. The qbms module will show up at the bottom of the list as "Pay by Credit Card" with only the second column showing "qbms". Are you sure that's not at the bottom of the admin payment module screen?
    I tried changing permissions to 644 but the module still doesn't show up.

Here is a screenshot of the payment modules in Admin:

betty
    Last edited by bettysue; 5 Jul 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: wrong image name

Plugin Contributions

Odd. Sorry, from here, unless I had console access to actually take a look at the files and configs - there's not much else I have in the way of troubleshooting suggestions....

Plugin Contributions

Odd. Sorry, from here, unless I had console access to actually take a look at the files and configs - there's not much else I have in the way of troubleshooting suggestions....
    Please check your pm's.

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Is QB Merchant Service support dead in Zen Cart? I work in Intuit customer service and I get calls from merchants who want to use Zen Cart for their shopping cart and connect it to their e-commerce account. I've been sending them over here to talk to you guys, but someone else in my department said he thought Zen Cart wasn't handling QuickBooks Merchant Service any more. What's the current status of Zen Cart and QBMS?

Plugin Contributions

Joshuagodinez - it is not dead, but remember that these modules are not "official" modules built by Zen Cart Development team. They are 3rd party modules supported by whoever writes them or takes them on. In this particular case, the module is very much alive and kicking. The lack of activity in this thread is more of an indication that the module "just works".

It is also tested and working with the latest release - if that is helpful. I've been maintaining this module for some time now, and pretty much continue to do so. But there just have not been any critical changes needed in recent times.

Plugin Contributions

I have placed the qbms files on my server, but they do not show up in the payment module screen. I have exactly the same situation as did another poster in messages 341ff in this thread. The help was given offline. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look to correct this issue?

Permissions are not the issue.

Thanks
    April

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast