Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [BETA] QuickBooks Merchant Service

Not much action in this tread. May I ask if this is working out for you with 1.3.8a? Who will continue with this mod when Zen 2.0 is coming out? I'd hate to set it up only to see that it will never work for 2.0.

Please let me know how well this mod works out for you folks.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

This runs fine with 1.38a. Not much action in the thread because it just works. No idea if ancient will rework for 2.0 -- though I would assume demand will be there.

Plugin Contributions

Good to hear that it works without much problems. I followed the pdf instructions and wanted to set up the test as described below.

If you selected the Test environment you need to sign up for a PTC Merch account in order to test the module, do so going to the following web page
    https://merchantaccount.ptc.quickboo...Bmerchant=true

BUT this link is not working anymore and I searched the whole QB site for PTC with no success. Does anybody know how sign up for PTC? Maybe it is ok to just go with production from the beginning?

Plugin Contributions

I went direct to production. Tested with a few $1.50 transactions, and was off and running.

Plugin Contributions

OK, this is what I will do too. Now I tried to Edit Processing Information on my merchant service center account with QB. I try to select the radio button Process with Web Store, but it gives me an error:

Due to a temporary system or connection error, your settings cannot be updated now. Please try again later.
    (800)558-9558

Has been like this the last few days. Tried to call the number but nobody could help me. They transferred my 3x and then somebody wanted to sign me up with one of their web store providers, she said this is what they have to do in order to activate Process with Web Store feature. They had no clue what I was talking about when I explained that I want to integrate this myself with ZenCart. I said politely NO THANK YOU and said good bye.

I wonder if you had to call in for this activation too?

Plugin Contributions

I just got this working today after starting it on Friday.

Just a few notes.

1)I didnt need to change any coding
    2)I already had QBMS - not the web store portion
    3)Once it works you *CAN* see your transactions through Merchant Service Deposits on the QB Accounting Software home page.
    4)It was kind of frustrating, but now that it works im very happy.
    5)I went straight to production and skipped the testing.
    6)I use godaddy hosting with a ssl and zencart 1.38a

Here is how i set this up...

1) went to appreg.intuit.com - registered
    2) Logged off
    3) went back to appreg.intuit.com - signed in - this is when i got the screen shot that you see in the installation manual - from there i was able to "add" my application - Follow instructions.
    4)once you have your app id - you cant do anything until you first have a QB Merchant Account, and 2nd once you have that, you have to be able to accept web store orders.
    5)once your merchant account is straight i used this address to get the connection ticket going -

http s://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=YOURAPPID&sessionEnabled=true

obviously YOURAPPID in the address is your app id, and no space between the http s:

6)once i got the session ticket i had all the information i needed to finish following the installation manual.
    7)i tested it as soon as i put all the info into my module
    8)worked perfectly!

My Security Website
    www.securfocus.biz

Plugin Contributions

Due to a temporary system or connection error, your settings cannot be updated now. Please try again later.
    (800)558-9558
    I had this same thing happen to me, but i called that 800 number you have listed, and the first person I talked to I told them I wanted to accept web store payments on my merchant account.

She said ok no problem told me it would be ready by midnight that night. It wasnt though of course, and i called in this morning and told them that i had my web store turned on yesterday and it was supposed to be up and running already, the guy on the other end did something and it worked right away.

so you called the right number, you just have to get to the right person i guess? You dont need to tell them your using zen cart or anything just tell them you need to accept web store payments. I believe the only cost is an additional $6 per month to have the merchant account accept web store payments.

Your right though, dont sign up for anything, just tell them you want your merchant account to accept web store payments. Thats it they dont need to know anything else.
    Last edited by Securfocus; 20 Jan 2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added more info

Plugin Contributions

Called again, and just insisted to turn on the Process with web store feature. After a bit back and forth, they said it will be done by tomorrow. Will see...

I will keep you guys posted. Guess it will help others to go through the motion.

Plugin Contributions

Now I wonder what happens if I want to use my QB merchant account for more than one website?

Can I use the same App ID and Application Login from several sites?

Again, one support agent at QB told me that this would not be possible and I would need separate merchant accounts. I doubt that this is true. Just checking if some of you already use it for more than one store.

Plugin Contributions

You need to take a look at the Intuit documentation on "hosted" vs "desktop" security models. Hosted allows for several sites but is more complex to set up. Unless you are very comfortable with PKI (encryption key pairs), key signing and PEM files - you may not want to go this route. Here is a quick excerpt:

An additional level of security is provided in the hosted model through the use of certificates. Hosted web applications must have a server certificate in order to handle QBMS callbacks and they must also have a client certificate to POST transaction requests to QBMS. (A list of root certificate authorities that are known to work with QBMS are provided in Appendix D.)

The hosted security model can be used for most types of applications but is required for hosted applications that are accessible over the Internet and that support multiple merchants. Also, you might want to consider this model if your application is an Internetaccessible application that supports refund and void transactions.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast