Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [BETA] QuickBooks Merchant Service

Now that I have gotten into the code a bit - additional enhancements have been added which improve security (such as limiting input lengths on the form) and correct other errors such as the link to the gateway. This is not my addon - but I may "fork" it and maintain that fork from there.

Ancient - are you still maintaining this? If so - I'm happy to provide the various updates, edits and improvements I have made for you to update in the addon section. The validation piece is actually quite important.

Plugin Contributions

You should post the code up for the fix, and where to put that code in our files.

I am thinking that if there is a security factor that is being over looked it would be more then helpful to the original mod maker to have it posted so he could fix it if he wants to, but at least its out there for *us* to use.

And for the person asking how to get the transactions into quickbooks.

Here is my scenario -

1)Im using QB Enterprise:contractors edition v9.0
    2)on the quickbooks software "homepage" there is a button in the banking area of the homepage that says - Merchant Service Deposits.
    3)if you click it you should see transactions that are "processing" and another tab that has transactions that have been "processed" and deposited to your bank account.
    4)on that same tab where transactions are listed as "processed" there is another button that says "record all transactions"
    5)that button well a)automatically record the deposits in your bank register and b)record the merchant fees in your bank register as well.

I have only used enterprise edition with the merchant service so I cant provide support via any other piece.

OK - Here is the fix. Thanks for picking that up. I reformatted a little to match up with the standard cc module. But the key was correct opening/closing of tags. Also - the test for CVV2 length was incorrect - so please note that change as well.
    is this for a different add on mod? i dont remember seeing any java in the QBMS mod that this post is for.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Securfocus View Post
    is this for a different add on mod? i dont remember seeing any java in the QBMS mod that this post is for.
    This is from the qbms.php file. It is from this mod.

Thank you for the updated js code. I will apply this very soon and give feed back.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

between the three of us I think we will finally have a full walk through of setting this up. This Mod seemed like it wasn't getting much attention or support lately. I do thank the mod maker for this add on, it is a very good tool if you have QBMS.

CPTook, do you think there is a way to make this mod report specific errors on the credit card processing? I know there is only one error message that pops up if the transaction fails, but I dont think it tells you why it failed. So for the customer it would be hard to know whats going on.
    Last edited by Securfocus; 27 Jan 2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added

Plugin Contributions

The cc processing can only report those errors which the gateway gives back. There are not too many errors that I can tell. If you miss-enter the number, and it fails the algorithm for a "real" number, it fails before the gateway. If the card is "declined", it does report that specific error. What other errors need to be reported?

Regarding the other updates to the addon - it is not as easy as the js modification (which was all in one snipet). For that, I may just publish the new files altogether, but wanted to give Ancient the chance to just update the mod in the addon section.

Mydanilo - looking forward to successful feedback. I think this will do it.

Plugin Contributions

Perfect, i guess i never got a declined error yet.

Greatly appreciate the updates you are doing.

Plugin Contributions

Merchant Service Deposits seems to be a new feature for 2009 versions. I have QB Pro 2008. Seems like I have to manually enter. Bummer! If anybody has a good way of getting the transactions into QB 2008 or older, pls let me know. As far as I know you can only download fees or connect to the merchant account and see the activity but not automatically download.

Plugin Contributions

Even in 2009 - they are "unmatched", and so are problematic. I have looked at including code to post the transaction into QBXML - which would then post in. But lots of new questions arise. Is it a payment or a sales receipt? If a receipt, then what product? What customer should it post to? Including all of that as "options" in the addon would be a significant effort.

Having said that - I'm thinking of posting everything to a generic "Online Customer" and posting as payments received. Then the credit balances can be applied to sales receipts for products purchased. The sales entries are still manual, but there is no other way for QB to know what has been sold. Anything more specific gets ugly quickly, and at that point, the two other QB products which export/import transactions are probably better approaches (one using IIF export and the other using web connector).

For the moment - I'm more focused on making sure the qbms addon does what it should correctly, and as securely as possible.

Plugin Contributions

cptok:
    The js for the CVV validation is now creating a nice pop up! Working. Now I tested if the credit card entered was not long enough. This results in a message on top of the page (old zen way) and no pop up. Could you modify it that this would be done in the pop up as well?

Here is the message that comes up on top of the page instead of the pop up:

The credit card number entered is invalid. Please check the number and try again.

What I like about the pop up version is, that the customer only needs to correct the problem and does not have to start with a blank form again. Re-entering the whole card info is a drag...

Thanks for working on the js.

Plugin Contributions

Define "not long enough". The cc test is that it needs to be min 10 numbers. Although from my research, the shortest VISA cards are 13 digits, and longest cc numbers are 16. You can (and should?) change the minimum on your admin-configuration-minimum values page. On my newest version, there is also a maximum entry size on cc number and cvv number forms. Because anything from 13 to 16 is potentially valid - it must go to the next set of tests to validate.

I think if you put in a number less than 10 - the popup will work as expected.

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast