Plugin Contributions

help question Linkpoint_api Error msg When Upgrading to v1.3.8a

Hello Everyone,

During the database upgrade from version 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a I'm getting the following error:

SKIPPED: Cannot ALTER or INSERT/REPLACE into table linkpoint_api because it does not exist. CHECK PREFIXES!

Here's what I've done up to this point:

1. I created a new folder on the server called "demo" and backed up my entire site to this folder (i.e. copied my site files to this folder). I also created backups of my database and site for good measure.

2. Created a new database using my hosting provider's control panel and called it "upgradetest". I then imported the contents of my original database into this new database using phpMyAdmin provided by my hosting provider. I changed the two configure.php files to be able to access the new database. I'm not sure how to change the files to reflect the new directory though.

3. Then I uploaded the contents of the v1.3.8a folder to my "demo" folder.

4. I typed the address of my zc_install folder into my browser, and when asked, chose the Upgrade Database option.

5. On the next screen, the upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 option was the only option checked in the list so I left it checked. I entered my admin username and password at the bottom of the page and clicked the Update Database Now button.

That's when I was presented with the error mentioned above. Am I leaving some step(s) out or something?

Here's a list of my add-ons that are installed in v1.3.7 that I have NOT incorporated into the upgrade yet. I was going to do that after I successfully got the upgrade working:

Column Layout
    FedEx Module
    Image Handler 2.0
    Improved Attributes Controller
    Lightbox
    Super Orders
    PDF Order Center
    Ty Package Tracker
    Credit Card Images

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help,

Brad

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint_api Error When Upgrading to v1.3.8a

Quote Originally Posted by bsteinagel View Post
    During the database upgrade from version 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a I'm getting the following error:

SKIPPED: Cannot ALTER or INSERT/REPLACE into table linkpoint_api because it does not exist. CHECK PREFIXES!
    That's an informational message ... which, coupled with the explanation at the top of the same page, can be safely ignored if the issue doesn't pertain to you
    Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored, as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site.
    So, if you're not using the Linkpoint API payment module ... you can safely ignore that informational alert.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint_api Error When Upgrading to v1.3.8a

Quote Originally Posted by bsteinagel View Post
    2 ... I changed the two configure.php files to be able to access the new database. I'm not sure how to change the files to reflect the new directory though.
    What things *did* you change?
    If you're still unable to find the "live" folder name and change it to your "test" folder name, then post your configure.php file contents here (without password).

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Linkpoint_api Error msg When Upgrading to v1.3.8a

What things *did* you change?
    The only things I changed in the configure.php files pertained to the database. Everything else remains the same. Here's the code changed to reflect my database settings:

The configure.php file within the /includes folder:
    Code:
    // define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', ''); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'bstein_bstein');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*******');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'bstein_upgradetest');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); 
    // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage
    The configure.php file located within /admin/includes folder:
    Code:
    // define our database connection
      define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
      define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
      define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); 
      define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'bstein_bstein');
      define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*******');
      define('DB_DATABASE', 'bstein_upgradetest');
      define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
      define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); 
      // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage
    I noticed that the DB_PREFIX entries are not the same between both files. Perhaps this may have something to do with my error message? What section of the configure files would I enter my test folder name into?

Thanks,
    Brad
    Last edited by bsteinagel; 31 Dec 2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: To add question

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint_api Error msg When Upgrading to v1.3.8a

1. The DB_PREFIX in the "new" folder's database settings must be the same as the one in the "old" folder's database settings ... otherwise your imported data will not be accessed correctly.
    And the /includes/ version must have the *same* database settings as the /admin/includes version.

2. The settings to change to point to the correct "new" folder are similar to the settings described in this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122
    And changes should be done to both the admin and non-admin configure.php files separately.

3. If you're not using the linkpoint_api payment module, you CAN safely ignore the alert about that table not existing. It's NOT an "error".