Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using one single listing template

Hi jackie
    Many thanks for the reply (again). I've managed to work around the problem by disabling the 'add multiple items to cart' button so i have an 'add to cart' button next to each item's quantity box and then using Ajeh's fix (here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174212) to stop the redirection to the product info page when a customer adds something to their cart. This is working with the Single Listing Template as well as the main category pages (although i still need to give it a good test).
    It's taken a little time to get things working and positioning as i needed but i think i've learnt a lot and now have things right. Fingers crossed a full test will not find any issues!
    Thanks again,
    ben

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys. And girls.

I'm having a problem.

I have SLT mod installed.
    I need product listings to randomize their order on each page load. Currently, specials, featured, new, and regular old product listings do not randomize the orders per load.

I've tried changing (includes/modules/template/product_listing.php)
    Code:
    if ($is_slt_listing) $listing = $listing_split->records
    to
    Code:
    if ($is_slt_listing) $listing = ExecuteRandomMulti($listing_split->records)
    but this caused the products not to display.

I know that this is the default behavior of ZenCart product listings without Column Display or SLT mod. It could quite possibly be the default behavior of the mod as well!

I'm not sure, but at the moment it is not possible for me to revert to a non-SLT design.

Please help, if possible.
    Last edited by tranced; 16 Sep 2011 at 07:09 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I've installed SLT on a site and have everything displaying fairly close to what I want, but...

How do I get a sub-category listing to display in columns just like a product listing or the other listings? By sub-category listing, I mean a page which lists sub-categories, not products. (I guess it's a list of categories, whether they're sub- or not.)

Have a look here to see a page with a New Products listing at the bottom, in 3-columns as desired, and a sub-category listing at the top. That sub-cat listing is what I'm trying to get into 3-columns.

Thanks,

Rob

Plugin Contributions

I should also mention that admin/Configuration/Maximum Values --> Categories To List Per Row as well as Maximum Display Columns Products to Multiple Categories Manager are both set to 3. There must be something in the template that is overruling those settings.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

More info...

(If I talk to myself long enough I may solve this. But a hint or two would be welcome. )

I've found that if I place the file tpl_columnar_display.php in the common folder in my template, I get 3-column tables for all the lists, including New, Specials, and the cats/sub-cats lists. If I remove it, I get DIVs, and my single listing styles then apply to the DIVs as required. But I instantly lose the 3-column display in the cats/sub-cats lists, while the New, etc. all remain 3-columns.

My main template, I conclude, is the one supplying the DIVs, though how it does that I don't know. It's a mixture of Twist of Nature and SexyPink. It was minimally mixed to try to keep the DIVs. SP by itself gives the correct 3-column layout for the cats (as does the Classic Green, of course), but it's difficult to style table cells the way I want. TofN + Single Listing gives the styling I want but won't give me the 3-column cats lists.

Any ideas are welcome at this point.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys,
    Ok so I did the initial things yellow did on page 1-2 (didn't use the mod). and I got all products in the tabular display.

My problem is that the headers (product image / product name / manufacturer name / price) are not clickable for ascending/descending sorting.

Anyone else have that problem and have a cure?

Thanks ahead of time.

Plugin Contributions

Disregard the last question. I figured out how to add things(manufacturer) to the Sort By: Dropdown Menu.

Plugin Contributions

Question: am I mistaken or if you you the product_listing template for specials ( for instance ) it seems that the main products query runs twice.

in header_php $listing_sql is set. This is going to be used in product_listing.php.

but in main_template_vars there is another query which is called $specials_query_raw which is also run.

So on a specials page that uses the product listing the main product query is run twice, which seems a bit strange and not terribly efficient.

Basically this line

Code:
      $specials_split = new splitPageResults($specials_query_raw, MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS);
    is run in main_template_vars but is completely redundant if you choose to use product_listing.

Actually looking again I am somewhat confused about what $specials_query_raw actually does. If anyone can enlighten me please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lzwdavid View Post
    Hi all,
    I just download the module and install it, but when I patch the sql patck,
    SQL Query Executor said:

Error Failed: 1
    Error ERROR: Cannot insert configuration_key "" because it already exists
    Warning Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

And I open my site, all display is changed to the column layout, that's great!
    But the only thing is the there is nothing in my Mainpage index area, which should be my "Monthly special for xxx."

Does someone know what's happened here?
    I got the same error message when patching the sql in admin->tool. but cannot find the answer here. Is there anything wrong? pls help.

Plugin Contributions

I'm running zencart 1.3.9h and installed the SLT v1.8. I did everything as per readme but a couple of things went haywire and nothing went better! For starters, my frontpage that displayed all the latest products added, now shows random products and changes everytime you hit refresh. New Products still displays 1 per line as it always did. And under "All Products" there are NO products displayed!

Please help! I followed every step and don't know why it's not working (and it's a LIVE site!)

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast