Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using one single listing template

I am using Single Listing Template and have products generally arranged 3 per row, but to reduce page length, want the new, specials, and featured categories to be shown on the index page, all on the same row and with only one product max shown in each of the new, specials, and featured categories.

Where I have no products to show in any of these categories, I still want to show the category but with a blank "Not available" product.

When visiting any of these categories, I want the products to show in the normal three per row arrangement.

To achieve this layout, which file should I edit in SLT or should I de-activate SLT.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
    I've been using this mod for over a year now and have just noticed a bug.
    If you have a category without any products (because they have sold out) you just see an empty page. The 'No products for your criteria! Please try again.' message does not appear.

This is beacuse of the following if clause on line 13 in tpl_modules_product_listing.php....
    Code:
     if((!isset($is_index_listing) || $is_index_listing) && $listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
    If I change this line to....
    Code:
     if((!isset($is_index_listing) || $is_index_listing)) {
    ....it fixes the problem but is it safe to do so?
    Will I get other errors I don't yet know about if I remove the number_of_rows check?

Plugin Contributions

Hi there

I've installed this mod and gone to the Index Listing and changed my Special Listing Template to the value 3 (use product listing template) and have double checked that my Product Listing - Layout Style is set to rows however my Specials still appear in a gird layout. Is something overriding the mod for my specials page?

http://www.kodomo.com.au/index.php?main_page=specials

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hi All
    This is the issue, I need to split the page result for featured products on
    index page of my site, it uses the ExecuteRandomMulti() function, I tried replacing it with split_page_results and using the same query and changes to the code with no luck so far. I'm modifying includes/modules/featured_products.php

Is there a way to acomplish this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by osmizk View Post
    Hi, I got an error on New Listing Page that says
    1109 Unknown table 'p' in field list
    in:
    [select count(p.products_id) as total ]

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!
    Hi, I have the same problem, have you solved it yet?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I've just installed the single listing template mod on my 1.3.9h site (with lots of mods added) and it is displaying correctly but when i add something to the cart it redirects to the homepage rather than simply refreshing the new/ all/ specials page.

My site is here: http://www.thejollygourmand.co.uk/in...e=products_new

Using Firebug i can see that the add to cart button link seems to miss out the 'main_page=products_new' section of the url, but i don't know how to correct this. I am using Ceon URI mapping but turning this off doesn't seem to correct the issue.

The files for the SLT are all in place and unmodified other than adding a <br /> between the product title and price, and i have installed the SLT SQL file. I already had the Column Grid Layout mod for my category pages so didn't need to install the CGL SQl patch - and i had upgraded to the latest version of the Grid layout mod when i upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9h just a few weeks ago.

I've only been aware of this since installing the SLT mod (but i guess it is possible that i didn't notice it before).

Many thanks

Ben

Plugin Contributions

If Ceon URI mapping isn't affecting it then I'm not sure that the URL is your problem. Have you tried uninstalling SLT and see if the problem persists?

If the problem goes away, then try comparing the template files of SLT to the default template files from Zen Cart. There is likely some kind of function missing in the header. That's guesswork though, I haven't personally checked out the files in detail. Let us know how it goes!

Plugin Contributions

Hi jackie.
    Thanks for the reply, i've removed the SLT on my test site (http://www.e-picker.co.uk/testjolly/...l&disp_order=3) and this removes the problem so have checked the header.php files and they are very different, although they are as downloaded with the module - i haven't changed them. I did notice that i hadn't upgraded the Column Grid layout as i thought but then these files are replaced/upgraded with the SLT module anyway and the SQL patch for column grid layout is the same so this can't be the issue?

I presume others are using this fine with 1.3.9h so it must be some other module i have installed. If you think its the header file then i'll look and see which modules change these files and hopefully that will identify the problem. I'll let you know if i find anything but if you (or anyone) has any other ideas they'd be greatly appreciated as i'm not much of a coder!
    Thanks
    Ben

Plugin Contributions

Update: Having compared the header_php.php files, mine are identical to the SLT module files so don't have any changes introduced by other modules.
    Does anyone know what other files might affect the add to cart button redirection?
    On another note i've tried changing the config to disable the 'add multiple products to cart' button, and the individual product 'add to cart' buttons then redirect to the individual product pages. However, i'd like customers to stay on the category / new products listing pages rather than having to click 'back' to add more more products. Is this a topic for another thread or is this related to the SLT template?
    Many thanks
    ben

Plugin Contributions

I ran a test on one of my own sites, and the page redirection works fine on category pages, however it does not work on all/new/featured pages. So there appears to be a bug in SLT on those particular pages.

You can compare the "category" template files to the "all/new/featured" files and see what they're missing. Turn on Debugging in Admin>Configuration>Index Listing. That will give you a list of files to look at.

If you're unfamiliar with code, it will make this task difficult and you may want to contact the developer and ask for assistance. It seems to me this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

If I have time, I might look into fixing it soon but I can't guarantee.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast