Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Users cannot login after upgrade - "There was a security error when trying to login"

I just upgraded from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 and have just noticed that existing users cannot login. Message:
    "There was a security error when trying to login."

I can create new user profiles just fine and I can even use the "forgot password" option to generate a new password which gets emailed successfully. Using the new password still results in the same error message.

Thought, tips?

Thanks,

Rob Chevalier

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Users cannot login after upgrade - "There was a security error when trying to log

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Users cannot login after upgrade - "There was a security error when trying to log

I have also read the tutorial a million times now, still had no idea how to merge the 2 files and cannot find the security token line that needs to be changed...I think I have accidentally over written it...

What is the line so I can add it back in??? Can someone please paste it for me and its lcation it needs to be in the 2 files please?

- /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php
    - /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php

Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fire up WinMerge and drag-and-drop your customized version of tpl_timeout_default.php onto WinMerge. Then drag-and-drop the template_default version of the same file into the "right" field that is now showing in WinMerge.
    Click OK.

You'll see all the differences highlighted for you.
    You can copy/paste from one file to the other, or even use the built-in controls to copy certain sections from right-to-left or vice-versa depending on what you need to accomplish.

Repeat with as many files as necessary for what you need to do.

When done merging the new pieces into your custom template file(s), be sure to upload the changes to your server.

You can also drag-and-drop entire folders into WinMerge in the same fashion. It will show you the differences of all files and folders and let you merge components as needed.

If you aren't running Windows, there are some alternative Diff tools besides WinMerge which you may find useful: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As I thought I mentionned I think I have already overwritten the new file with my original as they are both already identical and there is no mention of security token anywhere in file!!

I need to know the line of code for the security token to add it back in...or now what??

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Fire up WinMerge and drag-and-drop your customized version of tpl_timeout_default.php onto WinMerge. Then drag-and-drop the template_default version of the same file into the "right" field that is now showing in WinMerge.
    Click OK.

You'll see all the differences highlighted for you.
    You can copy/paste from one file to the other, or even use the built-in controls to copy certain sections from right-to-left or vice-versa depending on what you need to accomplish.

Repeat with as many files as necessary for what you need to do.

When done merging the new pieces into your custom template file(s), be sure to upload the changes to your server.

You can also drag-and-drop entire folders into WinMerge in the same fashion. It will show you the differences of all files and folders and let you merge components as needed.

If you aren't running Windows, there are some alternative Diff tools besides WinMerge which you may find useful: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BDCreations View Post
    As I thought I mentionned I think I have already overwritten the new file with my original as they are both already identical and there is no mention of security token anywhere in file!!

I need to know the line of code for the security token to add it back in...or now what??
    Fair enough.
    So ... in order to find the exact lines of code if I were to look them up for you, I would do the following:
    - find a fresh copy of the original files (perhaps download fresh again from Zen Cart site, or maybe re-unzip the files you downloaded previously)
    - open the original version in WinMerge
    - open the customized version in WinMerge
    - compare and identify the different lines.

In case you're uncertain where to download the latest version of Zen Cart original files, click the "home" link at the top of this page. You'll see the "download now" button and text on the right-hand side of the screen.

Plugin Contributions

That's so awesome - it worked..so only one major problem left...cart does not checkout...back to that thread to see where to go from there!!

Thanks a mint...apologies for seeming dumb - I normally am not this bad...lol

Moy

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Fair enough.
    So ... in order to find the exact lines of code if I were to look them up for you, I would do the following:
    - find a fresh copy of the original files (perhaps download fresh again from Zen Cart site, or maybe re-unzip the files you downloaded previously)
    - open the original version in WinMerge
    - open the customized version in WinMerge
    - compare and identify the different lines.

In case you're uncertain where to download the latest version of Zen Cart original files, click the "home" link at the top of this page. You'll see the "download now" button and text on the right-hand side of the screen.
    Our ZenCart online store www.bydesigncreations.ca

"The more you know the less you understand."

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BDCreations View Post
    That's so awesome - it worked..
    Glad it worked.
    That's why the WinMerge instructions were made part of the Upgrade instructions which are published with Zen Cart in the /docs/ folder and available online in this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108

Now ... taking it one step further ... did you run WinMerge to compare *all* your customized files vs the originals? Technically that's the first step you need to do when doing a site upgrade (after making backups of course).

Plugin Contributions

Now ... taking it one step further ... did you run WinMerge to compare *all* your customized files vs the originals? Technically that's the first step you need to do when doing a site upgrade (after making backups of course).
    What directories do I need to be comparing EXACTLY?? I used the "simply-zen" template..that directory/subdirectories??
    Our ZenCart online store www.bydesigncreations.ca

"The more you know the less you understand."

Plugin Contributions

D'oh! I hadn't merged the changes in the login script to my template version. I could have sworn I had checked that one too. sigh.

Indeed, WinMerge is a blessing.

Thanks!,

-r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast