Plugin Contributions

Default Changing the Header image

I am having a tough time changing the Header image; the blue horizontal box with the image of a Japanese wood entrance.

All I want to do is replace it with a red header exactly the same size and add the name of the website in white in a font and size of my choice.

Not sure where to start.

Default Re: Changing the Header image

You must be using the future_zen template. The header image is located in includes/templates/future_zen/images and it is call header_bg.jpg, this is the image you need to replace with your image. This image is 760 x 110 Pixels in size.

This is just a briefing of what you can do, if you need any help with it, let me know.

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for a simple way to create a red box with the name of my website in to to take the place of the header on the zen cart layout.

Can I do this in the program called Paint?

If your talking about the Paint program that comes with Microsoft Windows, yes you could use that program, but you could go much further and get a much better look with a program like The Gimp which can be downloaded from http://gimp.org/downloads/
    After installing The Gimp, the first time you start the program may take a while, just wait it out. I just downloaded it and started using it a couple minutes ago, and it seems like it would take a little while to figure out, but it seems really cool and powerful. To start, go to File->New and choose the pixel size of the image you want to create. Then experiment and don't get too frustrated, there is probably a solution to your graphic design requirements.

I personally use Paint Shop Pro and highly recommend that program for creating a logo. This one also takes a bit of learning to get it just right. You could download a 30 free trial version of Paint Shop Pro from the Corel.com website.
    Last edited by rainthebat; 2 Jan 2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: deleted words