Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Index Page?

Hi,

I'm a Zen newb who just tried installing for the first time. I am using Aplus.net. Everything went fine on Insall, other than a warning for cURL which Aplus claims is pre-integrated. Anyway, the install seemed to go fine. I can view the admin screen OK but the catolog index is totally blank even though I opted for the demo catalog. Here is the link...

https://www.appliedpharmaceuticalana...Cart/index.php

Somehow I don't think it is supposed to be blank upon install...

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Index Page?

hello, i have same problem too ... i tried debug tool and this is what i got:

Code:
    [17-Jan-2008 10:31:12] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  is__writeable() in /home/html/player1.sk/public_html/_sub/devilhorns/includes/init_includes/init_header.php on line 56

Plugin Contributions

im also having the same prob after i switched hosting.. really important matter...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mfashraf View Post
    im also having the same prob after i switched hosting.. really important matter...
    Which "same prob" are you having?
    And have you tried the FAQ? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nerghal View Post
    hello, i have same problem too ... i tried debug tool and this is what i got:

Code:
    [17-Jan-2008 10:31:12] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  is__writeable() in /home/html/player1.sk/public_html/_sub/devilhorns/includes/init_includes/init_header.php on line 56
    That means that your /includes/functions/functions_general.php file is either missing, corrupt, blank, or old.
    Re-upload the original copy of the file for your version of Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is my first Zen Cart install.

The install went fine. I had no problem viewing the pages in the public section or admin--until I changed the name of the admin directory. I can still get in to admin just fine, but the home page for the site is blank.

I commented the error handler line line in application_top.php and get the following message:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pixelz05/public_html/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pixelz05/public_html/index.php on line 43

I replaced the html_header.php file and the error did not clear up, so there must be an issue with the path. The template paths in the config.php file were untouched and look correct. Where do I go from here?

This was working correctly prior to making the change to the admin directory. I tried changing everything back and it didn't clear up the problem.
    Last edited by Tech-E; 7 Feb 2008 at 10:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You are missing the includes/configure.php for some reason. Or the file was corrputed, etc..
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Check the paths in both your config files.

Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php)

There should be a forward slash here: DIR_WS_TEMPLATES/template_default

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help. I found it.

The real clue was that the problem started when I copied the admin config.php to the server. Apparently I accidentally copied it over the store's config.php. I remember that it didn't work at first, so I copied it again, probably to the correct directory the second time.

Like the message says in the admin version, the files are different. I saw that message in the store version, smacked myself hard in the head, and said, "Doh!"

After recreating the store version, everything looks like it is working fine.

My bad.

Plugin Contributions

I started off on NetSol shared hosting. I ran in to the problem that most have getting Zen to work there. I actually did get it working just fine until I added my payment solution, Linkpoint API. It needs to communicate on port 1129 which is closed on NetSol shared hosting. I then went a got a Virtual Private Server from NetSol to remedy this problem. I copied everything from the old site to the new server and edited the two configuration.php files. I also backed up the SQL db and imported it to a new one on the new server. I'm sure I did not get that last part done correctly but that is not the issue now. I too have the blank screen problem. I uploaded the debug utility and I am not getting a log file created in the proper location. The NetSol VPS allows me to control "all" the settings and I am not sure I have enabled everything the right way to allow the Zen to work, my html files do. Can someone please give me a rundown of the optimal server settings for Zen to work? Secondly then can someone address a possible reason the debug tool is not reporting? I followed the below instructions:

** HOW TO USE: **
    1. Download and unzip the utility
    2. Upload the enclosed enable_error_logging.php file to the /includes/extra_configures/ folder.
    3. Test the page on your site that is having problems -- ie: trigger whatever symptom is ailing you.
    4. Open the latest log file /cache/myDEBUG-xxxxxxx.log to see the list of any PHP errors that occurred while the page/test was running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast