Debug Error-Logging Utility for PHP and Zen Cart
** NOTE: This utility is ALREADY included since v1.3.9a ** Simply look in the /cache/ folder to see the PHP debug logs (or if using v1.5.1 or newer, look in the /logs/ folder instead of the /cache/ folder).
Sometimes when a page is showing up blank due to hidden PHP errors, it can be hard to track down the cause -- especially if your server's errorlog isn't active or cannot easily be accessed.
Installing the debug error-logging tool will create debug logs of PHP problems for you to review.
Be sure to remove the utility when not needed, or it will slow down your site and consume large amounts of disk space.
** HOW TO USE: **
1. Download and unzip the utility
2. Upload the enclosed enable_error_logging.php file to the /includes/extra_configures/ folder.
3. Test the page on your site that is having problems -- ie: trigger whatever symptom is ailing you.
4. Open the latest log file /cache/myDEBUG-xxxxxxx.log to see the list of any PHP errors that occurred while the page/test was running.
5. Be sure to delete the enable_error_logging.php file from the /includes/extra_configures folder when done (or rename it to .php1 instead of .php )
Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate
Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.
By babyface in forum Managing Customers and Orders
Last Post: 8 Mar 2011, 03:52 AM
By eaglerock in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
Last Post: 5 Jul 2007, 06:28 PM
By DrByte in forum PayPal Express Checkout support
Last Post: 20 Mar 2007, 04:48 AM
By bettysue in forum PayPal Express Checkout support
Last Post: 8 Feb 2007, 06:38 AM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2016 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC