Plugin Contributions

Default ZenId Showing On Every Page

Hey guys,

I know the zenid is supposed to show up on the first page and then go away. However, on my site it's recently been staying on every page the entire time you're in the store. Any ideas on how to fix this or what might be causing it?

ETA - Session Settings are currently...

True
    False
    False
    False
    False
    True
    True
    True

Thanks soo much!
    Robin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenId Showing On Every Page

Could be a cannonical name issue (your home links to http://sweetshoppedesigns.com/, but internal links to your store have a www. in them)
    Thats either a configure.php problem, or more likely your host has foofed up the apache configs somewhere.

When did it start happening?
    How does that relate to things you've changed on your site?
    How does that relate to things your host has done to your server?

Also, you're not using zenid, but rather zensessionid ... is there a reason?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey DrByte :)

Actually, it DID start happening after we moved to a dedicated server but I dont have the details on how things are set up. Do you have any idea what I should have him look into?

Also regarding the zensessionid rather than zenid - no idea why that has changed either, it used to just say zenid - is it something I should change somewhere?

Thanks sooo much for trying to help me, I REALLY appreciate it.

Robin :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your /includes/configure.php file, what's set for STORE_SESSIONS, SQL_CACHE_METHOD, DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE and DIR_FS_CATALOG ?

How does DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE compare with the Session Directory in Admin->Configuration->Sessions?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In your /includes/configure.php file, what's set for STORE_SESSIONS, SQL_CACHE_METHOD, DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE and DIR_FS_CATALOG ?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'db'

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'file');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/robincar/public_html/shoppe/cache');

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    How does DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE compare with the Session Directory in Admin->Configuration->Sessions?
    It's the same as what is shown above.

Does that help?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is your '/home/robincar/public_html/shoppe/cache' folder writable?

What PHP and MySQL version are on your new server? What were they on your old server?

Plugin Contributions

Yup it's writable and uhmmm...

not positive what they were on the old server but they are PHP Version: 5.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.45-community now.

Sorry I'm not more knowledgable on these bits for you. I really appreciate you trying to help!

R