Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Problem

Hi,
    I'm having a real hard time with the attributes. I have a client that has multiple levels of a product (i.e. Standard Package, VIP Package and Luxury Package). What they require is that there be separate levels of checkout.

I know this can be done with attributes. What I need is when the customer goes to the product description there is a dropdown menu that will show each package with a different price. He/she can then choose which one they would like to sign up for.

Here's the problem I've come across:

When I set up the packages using the attributes and I test the page I get 3 radio buttons that are all pre-checked. Also the price is showing the total for all three packages combined. And in front of the total price it says "Prices starting at" which is fine but that price is all 3 packages instead of the lowest price.

I know this is an error on my end but I just can't for the life of me figure out what. I went through the attribute tutorial and even tried alot of the suggestions in the forum but nothing is working. HELP PLEASE!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Problem

You have made three option names with one option value each, and added each of them as attributes to the product.

What you need to do is make one option name with three values, and add those as attributes. Then you will get the single dropdown (when a dropdown option has only one value, it displays as a radiobutton because a dropdown with no choices is not user-friendly.)

Plugin Contributions

That makes sense but when I go to add an option name and the page refreshes and I do the next step

"Add ALL Option Values to ONE Category of products for Option Name"
    it doesn't show all the categories and when I do the "attributes controller" page I get this error message on top

"Attribute Option and Option Value Do NOT Match - Attribute was not added - : TEXT"

Is it really necessary for the attributes option to be this difficult?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I think you need to study the How do I add attributes to my products? tutorial.

What you are describing doesn't sound like the ordinary way to create and add attributes - you may have skipped a step. "Text" is for the customer to input text, not for displaying text to the customer. You need to make sure you pick the right type (dropdown, radiobutton...) for the option name, and add the option values to that name in Option Values Manager. Then in Attribute Controller, you need to select the option name on the left and an option value that matches it (with the name in [brackets]).

Yes, it is complicated, and hopefully when the admin is rewritten a few versions down the road that is one thing that will be streamlined.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I got it to work (thank you!) but now it keeps adding the base price that I had originally set for the product. So now when I add the VIP package the total comes out to $11,550.

What am I missing here? I have the product set at "product is priced by attribute" and that didn't work. I took that off and it still doesn't work right.

This is what I get when "product is priced by attribute" is selected: *Display price will include lowest group attributes prices plus price"

Plugin Contributions

When pricing by attributes, where each attribute shows the total price for the product with that option, you set the product's base price to 0.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I did that and it works fine. However is there a way to get the price to either not show or to show the selected price in the title bar? Right now it's showing up as $0.00.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dreameffects View Post
    Ok I did that and it works fine. However is there a way to get the price to either not show or to show the selected price in the title bar? Right now it's showing up as $0.00.

Dreameffects: Did you get this figured out because I'm having the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

You can comment out the price block in tpl_product_info_display.php.

To show the current price of selected attributes, you would need custom code. Look in Downloads for Chrome's Dynamic Price Updater mod.

Plugin Contributions

Glenn, Is there a way to just comment out the price block for items with attributes? Not all of my items have them.

Or, is there a way for the price block to show the lowest price? When I was experimenting with it, at one point it said "price starting at . . . " but it only showed that when there was a base price with the attributes adding to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast