Plugin Contributions

Default How to setup a universal discount code - How do I set up a coupon?

It seems to be possible to setup a discount code for use by anyone at anytime, or with one-time use per registered user. Can you point me to instructions on how to do this? I have setup a Gift Cert, but this is different.

The code would be emailed or distributed manually and applied at the time of purchase to the total of any purchase. It may or may not have a time limit.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to setup a universal discount code - How do I set up a coupon?

I think I have found part of my answer:

I used Admin>Gift Certificates/Coupons>Coupon Admin to set up the coupon. I then used Modules>Order Total to turn on Discount Coupon and set its position in the payment process.

I have it set to appear right before tax, but it doesn't appear until Step 3 and the discount doesn't appear until the final step. Is there a way to set it to appear earlier in the payment process, like step 1 and all subsequent steps?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to setup a universal discount code - How do I set up a coupon?

Quote Originally Posted by JackA View Post
    it doesn't appear until Step 3 and the discount doesn't appear until the final step. Is there a way to set it to appear earlier in the payment process, like step 1 and all subsequent steps?
    Not at the present time, no. The coupon's discount details/effect will only show on the checkout_payment and checkout_confirmation pages.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.