Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Just want the old site back

Alright, here is the situation:

I took over as the system Admin about a year ago. The E-Commerce site (ZenCart) was already set up and running on some very old server software. To my untrained eye, it seemed to me that ZenCart functions where, "amended" somehow as it had more functions then the current ZenCart version.

One month ago I finally convinced management that the webserver we were using to host our sites was extremely out of date (to the tune of 6 years) and must be updated.

I made a backup of the store database in zencart using a tool I found under the admin section, then completely saved the entire Zencart Directory.

The update of the server software went smoothly, however I encountered major problems when trying to reinstall Zencart.

First I decided I would install the latest version of Zencart. Zencart the proceeded to punch me in the balls multiple times by A) Not having a Backup Restore Setting like the old one (add on feature?) and B) not accepting the old templates.

So, when that didn't work I said it and just uploaded the entire Zencart Directory I saved when I started this whole mess. I then used phpMyAdmin to upload the backup. At first I thought it worked. But then when I tried to get into the admin section I got this message:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /www/oww/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 72
    And get these messages whenever tyring to look at the products:
    Code:
    1054 Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'
    To me, that looks like a MySQL database error

So now that you know the situation, here is what I want:
    I don't care if I use the new one or the old one. I just don't want to end up making a whole new site template and having to enter the 5000+ products by hand. Anyone know how to salvage this situation?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just want the old site back

Do you know what version the old Zen Cart was?

I would suggest reinstalling the latest Zen Cart (1.3.8a) and using phpMyAdmin to restore the backup of the old database. I used that method to go from 1.2.7 to 1.3.7 for the Holzheimer cart in my sig.

The template will take some work, but if the override was done correctly by the previous person, you should be able to get there. I suggest something like WinMerge or Beyond Compare to allow you to see the changes between the same files in version you were using and the latest.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

If I do remember correctly, the old version was 1.2.1.1

I am a Network Admin, not a website designer. I don't know where to begin when it comes to PHP code for the site.

Installing the newest version of ZenCart again. We will see where this takes us.

Plugin Contributions

You don't really need to know PHP to get the look of the site back. Depending on how the template is set up, much of that is controlled in the admin and the stylesheet.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Alright, I installed the Current ZenCart and installed the old database. That was all it took to break ZenCart.

The Error was as follows:
    Code:
    1054 Unknown column 'user_agent' in 'field list'
    in:
    [insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, host_address, user_agent) values ('0', 'ĄGuest', '7bb2d21ed27c5693c07ec0e9a6efb1c3', '192.168.1.250', '1198014502', '1198014502', '/', 'OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS', 'Opera/9.24 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)')]

Plugin Contributions

Did you drop all of the tables in the new version DB before importing your old DB?
    This process will need to handled at the phpmyadmin level. Then you will have to run the ZC installer and incrementally upgrade the db until you get to the current version.

The template will be the interesting part as the old template is tables based and the new version (1.3.0+) is div based.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I am willing to do anything at this point. You tell me how to do what you just said and I will follow it to the letter

I have phpMyAdmin Access, so that is not a problem.

Plugin Contributions

After you setup 1.3.8 than go to the new database select all of the tables and use the drop command to delete them then use import to bring in the old DB. Then point your browser to the zc_install directory of the new install. Follow the directions and you should come to the page for the DB which should have the upgrade link instead of the install. Run the upgrade on the DB one version at a time til the DB is up to the current version......then come template work another topic.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks for picking up on that.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by omega_shadow View Post
    So, when that didn't work I said it and just uploaded the entire Zencart Directory I saved when I started this whole mess. I then used phpMyAdmin to upload the backup. At first I thought it worked. But then when I tried to get into the admin section I got this message:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /www/oww/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 72
    That error is caused by using PHP 5 with Zen Cart v1.2 which only supports PHP 4.

Quote Originally Posted by omega_shadow View Post
    And get these messages whenever tyring to look at the products:
    Code:
    1054 Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'
    To me, that looks like a MySQL database error
    The error is caused by using Zen Cart v1.2 with MySQL 5.

If you want to get your old store up and running as it was you will need to run it with PHP 4.x and MySQL 4.x as Zen Cart v1.2 won't work with the latest versions of PHP and MySQL. If you are confident with server side stuff then that might be a quick fix until you have the upgrade to v1.3.8 done.

Regards,
    Christian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast