Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Trouble adding a link/page to my "Information" in sidebox

I think I may have deleted things from my templates/etc. and this is causing me problems. We are live (but not "live" since I am still screwing around with the site).

Anyway - if you see the site http://aurumitaliangold.com you will see the categories, info, and then the e-pages (Important Links) in the sidebox on the left.

How can I best add the links for payment options, security, etc. to the "Information" pages?? (i.e. I want to just have the "Information" list and NOT the "Important Links").

I followed all instructions I could find but the only way I could see these pages was to use the e-z pages. It seems that I should be able to define the page is the Define Pages Editor and I did make a page there (page_2.php) but I can not get it to show up anywhere...

Thanks - almost there!

Default Re: Trouble adding a link/page to my "Information" in sidebox

I would edit the links directly into the information sidebox by opening includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php

I think you could add these two:

Code:
    {$information[] = '<a href="http://aurumitaliangold.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAYMENT_OPTIONS . '</a>';}

{$information[] = '<a href="http://aurumitaliangold.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=2">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SECURITY . '</a>';}
    right after this:

Code:
      if (DEFINE_CONTACT_US_STATUS <= 1) {$information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>';}
    Then open up your includes/languages/english.php and find:

Code:
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT', 'Contact Us');
    right after this add:

Code:
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAYMENT_OPTIONS, 'Payment Options'); 
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_SECURITY', 'Security');
    Then you could turn off the links for ezpages sidebox in the admin->Tools->EzPages well, I'm sure you know that one since you created the ezpages!
    Last edited by rainthebat; 12 Jan 2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Better

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I will try this ASAP and post here on the results -

As far as the page 2 goes, the code to display that link is located in the more information sidebox, so that must be enabled in order to display those links. Or, I think you could transfer the code to display those links to the information sidebox easily just by changing the variable $more_information to $information and keeping the rest of the code between the 'if' and the '}' for a define_page.

Also you need to make sure that the 'display links in sidebox' etc. are set right in the admin->configuration->define pages status.
    Last edited by rainthebat; 13 Jan 2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: f

Plugin Contributions

Hmm - made the changes as you said, and nothing. Tried to tweak it some and still - can not get those links to show up...

Anyway - what I have "live" now are the suggestions you made as is - but as you can see - nothing is showing up. Am I missing a step?

I am using a template that is outside the default theme - does that make a difference?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rainthebat View Post
    Or, I think you could transfer the code to display those links to the information sidebox easily just by changing the variable $more_information to $information and keeping the rest of the code between the 'if' and the '}' for a define_page.
    That sounds promising - but where do I do it? I turned on the "more information" box and it did show up. But now I have 2 menus, Information and More Information - so I would like to combine them.
    FYI the site is not showing this now - I turned it on but then turned it off again.
    Thanks -

I tested out the previous example I gave you and got it to work (the first thing you tried that didn't work for you).

You need to put those two lines of code in after the } at the end of the contact us link statement, and before the beginning of the next statement.

Code:
     if (DEFINE_CONTACT_US_STATUS <= 1) {
        $information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>';
      }
    Put those two {$information[] statements I gave you after the }.

After doing this, make sure to edit the BOX_INFORMATION stuff into the english.php file.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again - I will try this and report back.

Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to add another page link in Information Sidebox

Is there a way to add an additional page to the Information sidebox? Using EZ-Pages just added another sidebox. Thank you for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to add another page link in Information Sidebox

A couple of ways -

A single page - get the about us module from the down loads area and follow the instructions and this can be done for any page name you want with adjustments.

Alternative - move all current info box pages to the ezpage box as internal links and re-name the heading title add any additional as ezpages then turn off the info box
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast