Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Credit Card Module disabled, yet order placed with "Credit Card"

A customer placed an order when Paypal Express Checkout was the only available payment method on my site, yet the order came through as a "Credit Card" payment. My credit card module is installed, but enable is set to "false". And no record of the transaction shows up in my Paypal account. What happened?

I used to have both Paypal IPN and Paypal Express as payment options, but removed Paypal IPN the day before this order was placed. Could this have affected something? Please help...I would like to get paid for this transaction!

-Becky

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Module disabled, yet order placed with "Credit Card"

I just went to my payment modules in the admin and noticed that the Credit Card module has a yellow circle next to it, as opposed to a red or green circle. What does that mean exactly? Will it default to a yellow payment module if the green ones aren't available for some reason?

Plugin Contributions

Any ideas? Still can't figure out how my customer paid with a Credit Card when Paypal should have been the only payment method option. Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Just checking again to see if anyone has any answers...when an invoice says "Payment Method: Credit Card", is there any way it went through Paypal? If not, why would my Zen Cart allow someone to use a payment method I have disabled?

Plugin Contributions

UNINSTALL the CC module if you are not using it.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    UNINSTALL the CC module if you are not using it.
    Thanks, I did uninstall it yesterday after seeing that it could still possibly be used by a customer. But it was set to "false" for accepting credit cards. Is there some loophole that caused it to enable?

Plugin Contributions

I think this may actually be a Paypal problem. I spoke with the customer, who explained that they couldn't remember their Paypal login info so they tried to make a new Paypal account. Somehow, the process didn't complete, but still allowed the order to go through my admin.

I am totally confused! And I still don't understand why the order still went through as a "Credit Card" payment! I didn't even receive the credit card numbers as I had in the past. Luckily, I was able to send an invoice from Paypal to the customer, which they then paid.

I really don't want this to happen again. So if anyone knows why this happened, I would appreciate some enlightenment!

Thanks. -Becky

Plugin Contributions

Argh!!! It happened again!!!! Only this time, I thought I was safe, because the credit card module was not installed. But, it came through as a check/money order instead. When I received the order, I was a bit confused, because the check/money order payment module was disabled, as was the credit card module on the previous messed up order. But, I went ahead and waited a week for the customer's check to come in the mail, only to find out that she paid with Paypal! I went to look at my payment modules. It was set up like this:

Paypal IPN: installed, set to "false"
    Paypal Express Checkout: installed, set to "true"
    Check/Money Order: installed, set to "false"
    All other modules not installed

Why, why, why? I guess I have to have every other payment method completely uninstalled for Paypal Express Checkout to work correctly? Why is it defaulting to other payment methods when customers are giving credit card info to Paypal?

It all worked just fine the way it was until last month. I even had my husband do a test order today using Express Checkout, and we were able to duplicate the problem. It came through Admin as a check/money order.

Can someone explain? Is this a bug? Or a Paypal problem? I'm running Zen Cart 1.3.7. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Are you talking about the credit card fields on the ZC payemnt page after returning from PayPal?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim said: "Are you talking about the credit card fields on the ZC payment page after returning from PayPal?"

There aren't any credit card fields on the ZC pages after returning from Paypal. Maybe this example will help. When we did the test order, my husband pretended like he was a new customer (no account with my website, and no Paypal account). Here's what he did:

1. He added a test product of $.99 to his shopping cart.
    2. On the shopping cart page, he clicked the "Checkout with Paypal" button.
    3. It redirected him to Paypal, where he selected checkout without a Paypal account.
    4. He entered all the required info, name, cc#, etc.
    5. Then he confirmed the payment with Paypal.
    6. It redirected him back to my website, but it never let him choose options for shipping, gift wrap, etc. It skipped all that when he clicked the Paypal button initially (although Paypal did charge him my cheapest shipping rate).
    7. Then it confirmed his order and gave him the "Check out successful" screen, saying that a temporary account was made for him.
    8. His confirmation e-mail stated that his payment method was: check/money order, NOT Paypal. I got the same result in my Admin. NO MONEY was ever received from Paypal.

Confused? I am! I don't know what to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast