Plugin Contributions

Default Alt text in sidebox error

Hi there,

I have a strange problem with the alt text in my sideboxes and category box - for some reason most of the links have the alt text 'home'

I would like to remove all the alt text if possible or make it function correctly.

I have now got my site 99% ready, and this is the only issue I have left before I add the rest of the products.

I have the categories dressing mod installed and have used images for the sidebox headings.

Any help will be fantastic - thanks

http://tinyurl.com/2ufmdh

Ben

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Alt text in sidebox error

Nice site Ben

Those alt tags aren't supposed to be there. Something is clearly wrong with your site, most likely a corrupt file.

I would recommend that you start by looking at your includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_box_default_left.php file (which should look like this
    <!--// bof: <?php echo $box_id; ?> //-->
    <div class="leftBoxContainer" id="<?php echo str_replace('_', '-', $box_id ); ?>" style="width: <?php echo $column_width; ?>">
    <h3 class="leftBoxHeading" id="<?php echo str_replace('_', '-', $box_id) . 'Heading'; ?>"><?php echo $title; ?></h3>
    and your includes/modules/column_left.php file which should look like this
    //$column_box_spacer = 'column_box_spacer_left';
    $column_width = BOX_WIDTH_LEFT;
    if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/' . $template_dir . '/' . $column_left_display->fields['layout_box_name']) ) {
    Or if you have over-ridden either of those files, their equivalents in your template.

Also, have you made any changes that could conceivably affect the variable $column_width, or the constant BOX_WIDTH_LEFT?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Alt text in sidebox error

Brilliant thats got it - thanks so much Kuroi !! I checked tpl_box_default_left.php and it was missing the lines of code you quoted!

Now all fixed, just need to change the alt text of my sidebox headings but that's no problem.

In response to your question - no I have not made any changes to BOX_WIDTH_LEFT or $column_width, I have only amended the widths in admin and then positioned the various sideboxes with CSS.

oh and thanks, glad you like the site - I am VERY impressed with your portfolio too, and love the clean and easy feel of your sites!