Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag problem installing without SSL (for testing)

I am installing Zen Cart on a development server, for testing purposes. There is no SSL certificate for the development server. How do I bypass the SSL-related warnings in the "System Inspection" part of the installation process so that I can press the "install" button and proceed to the next step? As of right now, I'm only getting CURL - SSL compatibilitiy errors, but when I press the "install" button, it takes me to the "Database Setup" page, which is BLANK except for the following intro text at the top: "Next we need to know some information on your database settings. Please carefully enter each setting in the appropriate box and press Save Database Settings to continue." There is NO form on the page for me to input my database settings. Also, CURL "is" enabled on my server.

OK, I tried to install the software again (run the installer again), and this time I get no significant errors. I've attached a screen snapshot to this post.

Nevertheless, I'm encountering the same problem as before. The subsequent "Database Setup" page is BLANK and there is NO form to input my DB settings.

What is going on here?

Please Help. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: problem installing without SSL (for testing)

Just to be clear, I'm reposting this and associating screen shots (in bold text) with problems I'm having.

(I'm doing this because I don't see any way to edit a previous post!)

BTW, some of the screen shots are PDF files compressed inside ZIP files (so that they would be small enough in size to attach to this post).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am installing Zen Cart on a development server, for testing purposes. There is no SSL certificate for the development server. How do I bypass the SSL-related warnings in the "System Inspection" part of the installation process so that I can press the "install" button and proceed to the next step? As of right now, I'm only getting CURL - SSL compatibilitiy errors (see screen_shot2.zip), but when I press the "install" button, it takes me to the "Database Setup" page, which is BLANK except for the following intro text at the top: "Next we need to know some information on your database settings. Please carefully enter each setting in the appropriate box and press Save Database Settings to continue." There is NO form on the page for me to input my database settings. Also, CURL "is" enabled on my server.

OK, I tried to install the software again (run the installer again), and this time I get no significant errors. I've attached a screen snapshot to this post (see screen_shot.zip).

Nevertheless, I'm encountering the same problem as before. The subsequent "Database Setup" page is BLANK and there is NO form to input my DB settings (see screen_shot3.pdf).

What is going on here?

Please Help. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem installing without SSL (for testing)

Try getting a fresh distribution from the download
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Try getting a fresh distribution from the download
    You mean just re-download the same installation file (zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007.zip) from the Zen Cart website?

You think my installation file is corrupted? I'm hoping that isn't the case because it took 10 years just to upload the unzipped files (even with my DSL connection)...

Is there any other possible cause before I simply start over from scratch (and waste more time)?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The most common cause of website problems, including blank pages, is failed FTP uploads.
    If your upload of Zen Cart was painstakingly slow over a DSL connection, then it sounds quite likely that you've got numerous corrupt files due to FTP timeouts and connection problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The most common cause of website problems, including blank pages, is failed FTP uploads.
    If your upload of Zen Cart was painstakingly slow over a DSL connection, then it sounds quite likely that you've got numerous corrupt files due to FTP timeouts and connection problems.
    Thanks, it sounds like you guys are on to something here....I'll re-download the distribution file and try to upload the unzipped files again via FTP...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Not sure which FTP program you're using, but we find FileZilla to be generally quite reliable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Not sure which FTP program you're using, but we find FileZilla to be generally quite reliable.
    Yup, that's what I'm using, too....I think the web hosting company's servers are experiencing difficulties or something....which is mucking up any FTP transfers I make.....at least I hope that is the case, because then I at least know that the FTP transfer is the problem, and not something else...;-)

Plugin Contributions

The FTP upload keeps timing out, and files are being corrupted....And I'm using FileZilla...

Unless I don;t have FileZilla configured correctly (for large uploads)?

Argggg

Plugin Contributions

Is this a windows host?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast