Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid

Is there a way for this grid to FORCE a customer to enter in at LEAST 1 value?

(I just posted a new thread about regular Attributes needing a way to force a customer to select an option before hitting "buy").

- Brian

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, with attributes, there isn't a javascript alert if the customer doesn't enter a value. With standard attributes, if you don't enter a value, the form gets submitted, and the server side script then checks your selection, and if it is not made correctly, the customer gets returned to the page with the error message.

It would be possible with the grid format to include a quick java check to ensure that the total entered into all the boxes was more than 0. I'll include this in the next release.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    Zach - no matter which way you look at it, if you have 2 attributes, with 9 of one and 70 of the other, you are going to have to turn on or off 630 combintations! Why not just set up stocks of 1000 or none?

Absolute
    Absolute,

Because I need some way for Zen to identify which combinations don't exist. Unfortunately I cannot set my master product stock to Inf and my few unavailable color/size combination's stock to 0, as SBA appears to completely override the master stock.

I may have to get creative and figure out how to treat each color as a separate product, thereby limiting the grid to sizes only. To accomplish this, the hard part is going to be streamlining everything so that the customer can easily navigate to and through the sub-products. Someone with PHP skills could probably pull it off, but this is another project entirely, so I'll save it for another thread.

Thanks,
    aka Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this module on my zen cart but it does not seem to be working for me.

My zen cart version is 1.3.8.

For the products i am setting them to priced by attributes and making sure the price is $0.00.

Then creating a Quantity radio type attribute option name with a blank option value in title case and lower case, i have tried a Quantity option value as well. Then another radio field attribute, also tried a dropdown and added them to a product. I have tried with the sort of -9999 and a sort of 0 for the quantity without any luck.

I have copied the files from the module download into the correct directories a few times.

I have followed the instructions in the install readme over and over.

Is there a step i am missing?

Plugin Contributions

Can you post a link to your store?

When you view the product, are you just given the standard attribute layout, with radio/dropdowns? Did you place the tpl_product_info_default.php file in your active tempalte directory, or is it currently in a directory called YOUR_TEMPALTE/tempates/?

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

The shop is still in development so not up on the web yet.

I have placed the tpl_product_info_default.php in my active template directory.

Plugin Contributions

You're not missing anything - all the steps to install are included in the readme, and all the files are included, in the correct locations.

Have you also checked that the attrributes.php file in the modules folder is within your active template director?

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Which module is it you have installed? Can you post a link, so I'm looking at the same one?

I'll install it this weekend, and post some code as soon as I have it.

Absolute
    I noticed Zach replied to you with the module in question for the stock by attributes. Were you able to work out the code to exclude the qty box for the unavailable attribute combinations? Here is the link again if you need it
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=310

Also as in my previous post about the min require showing next to the add to cart; were you able to get that to show on the products with the attribute grid? Because I still can't.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

I'll upload the new code tomorrow, and post the edit here.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

I'll upload the new code tomorrow, and post the edit here.

Absolute
    Thanks.

On another note was there suppose to be a stylesheet within the module? as it looks like the grid has refernece to class attrib-grid-cell, attrib-grid-vHeader and attrib-grid-hHeader. Is it possible you could add that to you upload? Thanks.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast