Plugin Contributions

Default User and password not recognized

This problem just occured on a catalog runnig 1.37. I wanted to check things out before I upgraded. No changes have been made to the server or catalog. I have an existing account on the catalog. I see it in the admin and it says approved. When I go to the catalog and try to log in with the email and password, it gives an error that says: Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password. When I go to use the "forgot password" it says:The Email Address was not found in our records; please try again.

I am not sure what to check. This has not been upgraded to 1.38 yet.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User and password not recognized

1. Check that you're spelling the email address correctly. (yes, I know, that's obvious, but must be mentioned)
    2. Does the customer account exist according to the admin area? (you said yes)
    3. If it does, then check that you're using the same database-name and db-prefix name and database-server name in your configure.php files in admin and storefront.
    4. Does the storefront let you create a new account using that email address?
    5. What addons/contributions do you have installed?
    6. Did the customer account get created by "you" or by a PayPal Express Checkout transaction?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1. Check that you're spelling the email address correctly. (yes, I know, that's obvious, but must be mentioned)
    I did try it several time and checked spelling

2. Does the customer account exist according to the admin area? (you said
    yes)
    Yes it existed for a long time and was used several time before

3. If it does, then check that you're using the same database-name and db-prefix name and database-server name in your configure.php files in admin and storefront.
    I am using the same data base. I haven't changed anything really

It does create an new user but then does the same thing as far as not recognizing the email

No add ons or changes to cart or server

6. Did the customer account get created by "you" or by a PayPal Express Checkout transaction?
    This was an account I created at the begining of the original install last year

Plugin Contributions

Okay I think I figured this one out.
    I re-state about changes. I was doing something with a htaccess file in the root directory of the site:

Options +FollowSymlinks
    RewriteEngine on
    rewritecond %{http_host} ^rochesterlaw.org [nc]
    rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.rochesterlaw.org/$1 [r=301,nc]

The object is that if rochesterlaw.org or www.rochesterlaw.org was put in the go bar it would redirect. I guess the zen cart doesn't like that so I have to figure something else there.

No to figure out my other problems!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart wouldn't reject logins unless the login was valid or unless it was pointed to the wrong store.
    If your redirect is sending to another store, or causing cookie data to be invalid, then yes, you've created a conflict with your Zen Cart setup.

However, if your Zen Cart store is set to use www.your_domain.com and you are pointing it to just your_domain.com then of course things could get confused.
    You need to be consistent in how you tell it to operate.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is happening to me too- please help!
    Version 1.3.9h

1. Check that you're spelling the email address correctly.
    CHECK!

2. Does the customer account exist according to the admin area?
    YES

CHECK! nothing strange here.

NO- error message pops up saying it already exists. when i log-in with that email/password, I am redirected to the login page.

running on template estorenow
    installed are
    zenlightbox
    cowoa
    google analytics optimization
    thats all I can think of...

by me.

I appreciate any help

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: User and password not recognized

I'm having the same problem, only when I try and create a customer, it doesn't appear in the Admin > Customers section; however, I deleted a customer from the Admin > Customers area successfully.

I am.

2. Does the customer account exist according to the admin area? (you said
    yes)
    Yes it existed for a long time and was used several time before

Same as above answer.

I am using the same data base. I haven't changed anything really

Same here. I believe it is all correct.

No.

Braintree Payment module; 2checkout (?); USPS v15 Ratev3 2013_0127; tinymce-3.6.6; taxcloud_1.5.2_for_zc_151; zones - Lower48andDC; new-msrp-display_for_1.5; Keepalive Timer; Google+1_ Facebook_Send_V2.0; google_adsense; Google Translate for Zen-Cart; FCKeditor; Edit_Cart_v2_For_ZCv150; backup_zc_v1.1; zencart-2checkout

I believe I have all of the above installed.

This was an account I created at the begining of the original install last year

Likewise. Also, one customer account did NOT get created.

This explains why I've had NO sales and NO customers sign up since my install time. (a number of months).
    Last edited by Sanguinarius; 4 Jan 2014 at 03:47 AM. Reason: no editing, just subscribing to the thread.
    --Sanguinarius
    "If you're reading this, I'm probably ripping my hair out."
    My Store: Dreamland Gallery

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinarius View Post
    I'm having the same problem,
    You realise that you've posted this into a 7 year old thread that has had no activity since 2011 don't you?

No matter:

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinarius View Post
    This explains why I've had NO sales and NO customers sign up since my install time. (a number of months).
    Nothing you've stated explains why I was able to successfully create an account in your store (John Smith @example.com) then logout and log back in again without any problem.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Congratulations! You have successfully arrived at Sanguinarius's store! Feel free to browse for something you might like.

Hello John! Would you like to see our newest additions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers
    RodG
    Last edited by RodG; 4 Jan 2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: removed link

Plugin Contributions

Now it seems to be working. I Was able to log in finally, myself. Maybe my webhost was having problems? But I SWEAR I couldn't loging or retrieve my pw at all yesterday.
    --Sanguinarius
    "If you're reading this, I'm probably ripping my hair out."
    My Store: Dreamland Gallery