Plugin Contributions

Default downlodable gremlins can someone please help?

Hi there - First off I want to say that I followed all instructions on this forum and FAQ and all attributes, files and permissions are set correctly.

I have items on my site that people purchase and once payment has been paid via paypal they have instant access to these downloadable files. Recently people have been emailing me telling me that once they click the download button they are getting a "page can not be found" error.

I created a test account and logged in and attempted to make an order and got the same error message so I asked a friend of mine to help me look into this issue and she used a test account and tried the downloads and had no troubles at all. I have since sold a few things and they also had no troubles.

My question is - why are some of us getting a page error and some arent. As I said above everything is set correctly and was running fine until now. I am losing my mind trying to figure this out lol

Please - someone save my sanity and suggest something?

Thanks so much
    Take care

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: downlodable gremlins can someone please help?

What browser/s are the people having trouble using? What browser did your friend use that went through?

I know that some people with AOL will have problems with downloads, but when I tell them to use an IE or Firefox browser outside of the AOL browser, it will work. But it's not all people with AOL.

Are you using redirect or streaming? What kind of server? What version Zen Cart? Etc.
    Lesli in SW Florida ~ writer, teacher, and dodging hurricanes!

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure what others are using but my friend and I both use IE. She sometimes uses Firefox also. It didn't do this before and I am wondering if it has something to do with the ip address?

Plugin Contributions

Update - I contacted my host and they checked the server and Ip blocks but only said I had been DOS attacked and they fixed it - but the issue remains.
    Any suggestions please?