I hope that I am posting this in the right place.

Note that this is a problem we had in 1.3.7, we are not using 1.3.8a and haven't received payment via e-check since the upgrade, so I am not positive about whether it is still doing this or not.

The normal Paypal IPN module is working quite well for everything except one tiny item....

When a customer pays by e-check, Paypal does not release the money to us for several days, and thus does not mark the order as paid (it leaves it marked as pending). This is fine, this is how I feel it should be.

However, when paypal releases the money, our database receives notification that the payment has been received, but Zen never updates the order. it remains "pending". We can go in and look at the order, and see that the payment was received (see quote below), but it does not change the status.

12/15/2007 18:20:46 Pending PayPal status: Pending echeck @ 15:17:30 Dec 15, 2007 PST
Trans ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amount: 1.70 USD 12/19/2007 15:35:27 Pending PayPal status: Completed @ 15:17:30 Dec 15, 2007 PST
Trans ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amount: 1.70 USD
has this been changed/fixed in 1.3.8a? If not, will be be fixed at some point in the future? Is there any way to fix it now?