Plugin Contributions

red flag HELP Delete product types?

No one mentioned deleting product types. Either everyone wants to sell music and books or no one noticed that there isn't a place where you can delete product types. It's not even in the manual. You can delete attributes and stuff but not product types. i don't know the sql language either.

i searched the forum for "delete" and "delete music" but not threads came up with that

and if anyone is looking to sell movies, music or books. i'm sorry but not gonna work. amazon barnes&noble borders FYE blockbuster netflix... etc. already did it don't forget iTunes which is steadily growing

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP Delete product types?

You can not delete the product types you are not using at this time.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You can not delete the product types you are not using at this time.
    You people are useless. I figured it out myself. Log onto the database and truncate the product_types

thanks for nothing

Plugin Contributions

thank you xbboychink, was expecting to be able to do this from the gui...

How do i raise this as a bug? Its a basic HCI principle to allow users to do things :)

Plugin Contributions

This is not a bug ...

Removing Product Types is really not an ordeal as if you are not using them, then don't change the Product Type from the default ...

If this is too much for you to handle, then you can always remove the Product Types from the table ... but it seems like a waste of time as this is not something that interferes with adding/editing products ...

In a future release, there will be more manipulation of the Product Types ... but as I noted, this is not doing anything on the Product page other than presenting a dropdown that one can easily ignore like the * key on a phone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xbboychink View Post
    You people are useless. I figured it out myself. Log onto the database and truncate the product_types

thanks for nothing
    xbboychink you should have a little more respect for the people that are helping in the forums. I have had numerous problems explained by people who have been good enough to give of their time and resources for absolutely no recognition or payment.

You will not do yourself any favours by throwing insults. I have had some question not answered, but I realise that everyone has their own problems and cannot always answer you questions. I don't always get the answers through others here either, sometimes I find my own answers but these people are not useless and if you cannot appreciate their efforts then don't ask for their help!!!

Plugin Contributions

these people are not useless and if you cannot appreciate their efforts then don't ask for their help!!!
    I agree 100%

So many newbie zenners would be lost without the sage advice offered on this forum.

A little respect goes a LONG way!!!