Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error ( <!-- -->)

In some cases, it appears that PayPal sends back a success and error in the same thread. The results are an appoved transaction on the PayPal side and a return to payment page on the Zen Cart side. Server log and Zen Cart log data are with Tad of the PayPal Merchant Technical Support.

When I get feedback I will post it here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error ( <!-- -->)

Thanks stagebrace for staying up on this. It is much appreciated. I just have been too busy with in house work to look in this error on our cart.

Plugin Contributions

I have also received this error when using an American Express card. Not sure it's related to the specific card type though. I was able to complete an order using a different card and username without receiving the error on the site.
    If I can assist with testing/debugging, please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

I have been speaking to my customers about this issue. The information they have given me and I do not see it as a brand of card issue, Credit or Debit issue, or even a webtv issue. Its in PayPals hands at the moment. Its current status with Merchant Technical Support is "Researching". I provided them with Zen Cart logs and server logs.

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry to report PayPal's finds in there favor and directs the issue to Zen Cart.
    =========================
    Response (Mike) 01/22/2008 05:35 AM
    Hello Dennis,

This is Michael with PayPal Merchant Technical Support. I've reviewed the issue that you're describing, and it appears that the problem is in the Zen Cart software, because the PayPal Direct Payment process is working properly. We're returning the information to the webserver, as can be seen from the Transaction ID that is generated. The Zen Cart software is receiving that transaction ID, but apparently not creating an order from it.

You'll need to contact Zen Cart support for further assistance; unfortunately we're not able to troubleshoot their software. If you need any further assistance, you can reply to this message any time in the next 48 hours and this ticket will be re-opened. After that, if you reply to this message, a new ticket reference number will be generated, but it will be linked to this ticket.

Thank you!

Michael
    PayPal, an eBay company

Plugin Contributions

Hello all,

I think we are having a similar problem. The strange thing is that it has only started happening in the last 24 hours. PayPal is charging the customers' credit card, but returning an error to Zen.

Stagebrace, is this the same error you contacted PayPal for?

Here is a snippet of the log, with customer and product info removed:

[FONT=Courier New]2008-01-26 08:34:01
    -------------------
    (live transaction) --> https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    [0] => Content-Type: text/namevalue
    [1] => X-VPS-Timeout: 45
    [2] => X-VPS-VIT-Client-Type: PHP/cURL
    [3] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart - WPP-NVP
    [4] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 1.3.8a
    )

Request Parameters: {DoDirectPayment}
    Array
    (
    -- INFO SCRUBBED --
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>500 Internal Server Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>Internal Server Error</H1>The server encountered an internal error ormisconfiguration and was unable to completeyour request.<P>Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred,and anything you might have done that may havecaused the error.<P>More information about this error may be availablein the server error log.<P><P>Additionally, a 404 Not Founderror was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.<HR><ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at <A HREF] => "mailto:[email protected]">api-3t.paypal.com</A> Port 443</ADDRESS></BODY></HTML>
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

DoDirectPayment, Elapsed: 2923ms -- Failed

[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

The result for the issues is the same.
    I dont know what to due but continue to apologize to my customers?

- Is the Dr in? -
    PayPal sais this "The Zen Cart software is receiving that transaction ID, but apparently not creating an order from it." Can you prove them wrong?

Dennis

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stagebrace View Post

PayPal sais this "The Zen Cart software is receiving that transaction ID, but apparently not creating an order from it." Can you prove them wrong?
    We may be having different errors. In my case, the PayPal tech would be incorrect. No transaction ID is being returned. Their Apache server is returning a 500 error. There is no way Zen would be able to generate a transaction from it.

Plus, it has been working fine for months and just started acting up less than 24 hours ago. I haven't changed any of the code in the checkout system, so that leaves something changing on their end.

Stagebrace, have you looked in the PayPal log file to see what response they sent to your cart? Does it have a transaction ID in it?

Plugin Contributions

I have PayPal Payments Pro and I had a similar issue tonight.

My friend placed an order. On his end he was getting messages saying the payment did not go through due to a discrepancy in his address (street name St. vs Saint). He checked out three times before figuring out the problem and getting a payment confirmation from my cart on the fourth try.

On my end, I received 3 "Alert: PayPal Direct Payment Error" emails from my cart and 4 "Payment received" emails from PayPal. They processed his payment 4 times! I had to do three refunds.

Luckily he is a friend and understood, but I am not going to be happy if this happens to a complete stranger. I cannot understand why PayPal said it was rejecting his payment and at the same time, accepted it.

I know it is not my cart. As soon as we realized something was wrong we tested it, real time, using a credit card and everything went as it should.

Plugin Contributions

For the issue I posted on the 17th there were transaction id's in the log files and at my PayPal account.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast