Default Problems With Drop Shipping

I am having some serious problems setting up zen for my products. I sell items that are drop shipped from various manufacturers. Some items have drop ship fees attached(per item or per order) some don't. Some charge a shipping per item based on shipping location. Some charge actual UPS charges based on weight.

There doesn't seem to be any way to set this up. Either I Understate the potential shipping and handling costs and loosing my shirt on the shipping, Or overstate the shipping and scare away the customer.

Is there a module that would help set up these rules?

I have tried searching the knowledge base and the forums for a solution to this and haven't found a working solution to this problem.

Sombody help, I like Zencart and don't want to dump it just because I cant get it to calculate the proper shipping/handling costs.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems With Drop Shipping

I am having a simlar issue, I have all my products are drop shipped. and I needed to set up a table rate for shipping when I try it only adds the handling charge but not the shipping charge. now my shipping is not complex, on orders up to 99.99 shipping is only 10 bucks on orders 100.00 and up its 10% of the total cost. and I cant get that to work if anyone here can help us that would be great.

thanks..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems With Drop Shipping

You should see in newer versions of Zen Cart that Tables and Zones allow for the last setting to use Percentages ...

If you don't, save your settings to NotePad, as they will be lost, and do a REMOVE then an INSTALL and see if when you go to configure them you see reference to the Percentage now ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!