Plugin Contributions

Default Very New - Confused-We need help

I had a template made and they have downloaded it today for my website. However I'am having great difficulties here. The template design company also provided me with a file containing extra website components. I would like to update my pages using these components, especially catogory header, shipping header etc. However unsure how to do this?

Believe I can do through stylesheet, but can not locate my stylesheet. Can someone give me step by step how to access my style sheet and make changes?

Thanks
    Tin Cup

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Very New - Confused-We need help

Exactly where do you buy it from?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Template was brought from "She and I designs". But it is a Zen-Cart based template. Appears nothing was installed except the basic template and it comes with extra components which we have to install ourselves without any ideas on how to do this.

Mainly images for Category header and shipping header tags, plus visit my blog and shipping special tags.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Tin Cup

Plugin Contributions

Your stylesheet should be in your site's includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/css/ folder, but as this a third party template and we don't have a link to your site, we can't be sure of that.

Since you have paid for this template, the vendor should have supplied you with instructions about how to use all the features that they had added, and since they built it, are in a much better position than we are to answer questions about it.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Cup View Post
    Template was brought from "She and I designs". But it is a Zen-Cart based template. Appears nothing was installed except the basic template and it comes with extra components which we have to install ourselves without any ideas on how to do this.
    Mainly images for Category header and shipping header tags, plus visit my blog and shipping special tags.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Tin Cup
    sheandidesigns.com/pages/shoppingcarts.php
    i.e.
    Web designs purchased for use with the following carts will vary somewhat from our site samples due to the difference in cart interface/operation and the use of table navigation. OScommerce and ZenCart will NOT include the standard navigation buttons. (ie. Home, Products, Information, and Cart) Navigation tables will be color-coordinated to match design.
    and zencart requires
    Advanced - HTML and file management knowledge required
    Last edited by Kim; 19 Jan 2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Hotlink removed

Plugin Contributions

Don't get us wrong. We love helping people. But with a template we don't know, from a vendor we've not heard off, installed on a site we've not seen, there's just not much help we can offer.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Unforunately, this website design company was referred to us by our hosting company. I did not see that on the website of the quote referring to the advance HTML knowledge as this was not installed by us but by our hosting company, and they recommended Zen Cart. Maybe next time we will do our homework a bit better than this.

Thanks anyway for your time.

Tin Cup

Plugin Contributions

Your best bet is to contact the seller. It's their responsibility to help you out with this. We really can't help much since we dont know how they coded the template.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Tin Cup, I can't help at all with the Zen Cart things (I'm new to this).

But I can tell you that, no matter what it says on their website, as it states that it iIS Zen Cart compatible, the seller is obliged to help you to get this to work - or return your money.

The reason being that if they don't they are not selling the complete product as advertised. It is NOT Zen Cart compatible if they don't tell you how to make it so.....

Sounds to me like this company is not doing a good job as they have 'left you on your own'. Might be worth looking at the refund.

I will stress again, it doesn't matter what they say on the site, the terms and conditions, etc. If they state it is Zen Cart compatible then it you are within your rights to expect a solution through them (full and accurate step-by-step instructions) or a refund.

Plugin Contributions

I will stress again, it doesn't matter what they say on the site, the terms and conditions, etc. If they state it is Zen Cart compatible then it you are within your rights to expect a solution through them (full and accurate step-by-step instructions) or a refund.
    This should be the case, but in the real world, not always so...
    as many zencart members have found when dealing with one of the
    largest template suppliers.( will not quote their name..they just
    don't deserve any publicity whatsoever)