Plugin Contributions

Default Upgraded to PHP5; now site not showing in IE -- HELP

My host recently upgraded their php to version 5, and now my site only works in Firefox. Does anyone know of some fixes that had to be implemented for IE to work?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded to PHP5; now site not showing in IE -- HELP

You would need to tell us something about the site. Does it have a URL where we can see it? What version of Zen Cart are you using? Which version of Internet Explorer doesn't work? in what way does it not work in IE?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I am also having the same issue. I switched over to php5 in order to install openx banner software. I am running zen-cart 1.3.8, my url is http://sexytoyzboutique.com/toystore. my IE version is IE7. not working in firefox either

I read in one of the forum posts that all of my php files need to be set to 644, is that right?

I also read in another post, that I should rename index.php to index.php5,as well as making other changes. ????
    Last edited by turtledove53; 23 Apr 2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: adding more info

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by turtledove53 View Post
    I am also having the same issue. I switched over to php5 in order to install openx banner software. I am running zen-cart 1.3.8, my url is http://sexytoyzboutique.com/toystore. my IE version is IE7. not working in firefox either
    Doesn't look like the same problem at all since your site doesn't work in Firefox or IE7.

I read in one of the forum posts that all of my php files need to be set to 644, is that right?
    That used to be the case, except for the configure.php files which wer to be set to 444. But it's increasingly difficult to be definitive about this as some security setups require different permissions. If 644 gives you problems, discuss appropriate settings with your web host.

I also read in another post, that I should rename index.php to index.php5,as well as making other changes.
    That also depends on your web host. Some are running php4 and php5 in parallel by having different extensions. Another one to check with your web host I'm afraid.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Doesn't look like the same problem at all since your site doesn't work in Firefox or IE7.

That used to be the case, except for the configure.php files which wer to be set to 444. But it's increasingly difficult to be definitive about this as some security setups require different permissions. If 644 gives you problems, discuss appropriate settings with your web host.

That also depends on your web host. Some are running php4 and php5 in parallel by having different extensions. Another one to check with your web host I'm afraid.
    Thank you for the clarifications!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you responded so quickly ... it reminded me that I forgot to say that you should check out this FAQ Entry and in particular install the debugger, as that will enable you to see exactly where the problem lies.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post

Thank you for the clarifications!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Upgraded to PHP5; now site not showing in IE -- HELP

I have fixed this. It turns out that I had an extra ' (apostraphe) in my config file.