Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Tabbed Products Pro (TPP) Contrib - Official Thread

New Release:

Tabbed Products Pro is the superior replacement of Tabbed Products 'Lite'. I have completely rewritten the tab code to make the tabs more optimzed, use less files, and be easier than ever to instantly tab your products display page. Although it is now actually more "lite" than ever, I feel that pro is a good evolutionary step in the naming convetion. I also renamed it so that we could get away from that old TPL thread as it was getting a big large and unruly. A new contrib name and a new thread to go with it for a fresh start.

Some Features of TPP:
    • Global tabs can be set from the Admin configuration area to apply tabs instantly to all products
    • Tabs can also be added manually to product decriptions
    • All tab calculations are in the module file only. No more additional template files.
    • There are only 2 little code snippets required to add tabs to your custom layouts, or use the included product template.
    • Fully w3 validated
    • Reverts back to normal view when javascript is disabled
    • Does not change any data, leaving SEO, Meta, and product information intact.
    • Uses built-in Zen-Cart modules for creation of Zen-based tabs. Should prove transparent to future ZC releases.

TPP uses a completely new method of tabbing. Instead of relying on PHP checks to see if a tabbed version of a module needs to be used and the non-tabbed version needs to be skipped, the new tabs use some extremely creative javascript to create the tabs, and hide the rest.

View a demo

The first version is a BETA. It has been fully tested but I just know someone might find some little snag so I will give you guys a chance at it before I make it a full final release.

I'd also like to hear your comments, questions, advice, and/or insults as you what you dislike or would like to see in future versions.
    Last edited by qhome; 9 Apr 2008 at 03:36 AM.