Plugin Contributions

Default Display image only for Featured Products

I have featured products displayed on the main page i.e. in the center column.

What I would like to do, is to display products images only, so no product name, nor prices. I thought it would be a very simple task.

But despite setting all the zeros in admin/config/Featured Listing to zero, Featured Products is still displaying product name and price. It's as if the settings in Featured Listing have no effect at all. I'm really scratching my head here, would really appreciate it if someone could shed me some light on this. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Display image only for Featured Products

Were you able to resolve this? I would like to have the prices NOT show in the featured items sidebox, just image and item name.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Display image only for Featured Products

I am trying to figure out this exact same issue.

This is kinda an old thread...is there no resolution?

Plugin Contributions

Default BUG: Display image only for Featured Products

I'm trying to get the image to go away, but it doesn't work. I think you're right in saying none of the config settings on this page work.

In the modules folder, name of your template or classic folder, you will find featured_products.php. You can probably remove the code there. I tried to remove the image code, and even though I know syntax pretty well, I couldn't remove it without breaking it. Maybe you'll have better luck. Not a good way to do this, but in a pinch, it may be the only solution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BUG: Display image only for Featured Products

[QUOTE=katandmouse;592574]I'm trying to get the image to go away, but it doesn't work. I think you're right in saying none of the config settings on this page work.
    I solved my image problem. I had to set no image status to 0 in the images config.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BUG: Display image only for Featured Products

Quote Originally Posted by cochlear View Post
    I have featured products displayed on the main page i.e. in the center column.
    But despite setting all the zeros in admin/config/Featured Listing to zero, Featured Products is still displaying product name and price. It's as if the settings in Featured Listing have no effect at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by katandmouse View Post
    I'm trying to get the image to go away, but it doesn't work. I think you're right in saying none of the config settings on this page work.
    It's not a bug.

The settings in Admin->Configuration->Featured Listing are for the "Featured Products" *page*, not for the centerboxes or sideboxes. ie: for the page you see when you go to index.php?main_page=featured_products

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.