Plugin Contributions

Default Ability to get a list of "option value" by "customer"?

I tried a search for this but the proper search phrases seem to elude me and I've been at this a while. So I turn to you all for help.
    *puppy dog eyes*

The product in question is a package deal for a 3-day workshop, where the "Option Value" is the individual classes, listed by date and time ("Option Name"), that they want to choose for the entire event.

What we would like is to have the ability to get a list of participants ("Customers") by their class choices ("Option Value") to figure out when those individual classes have sold out, and to set our list of participants for the weekend for check-in purposes.

I know it's a complete shot in the dark since product options generally aren't tracked in this way, but is there currently ANY way to do this? I did see the "Super Orders" Mod, but I was unable to tell if it had this capability...?

Thanks so much for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ability to get a list of "option value" by "customer"?

Okay, I found the stock_by_attributes mod (which is very nice, btw) but it's still not quite right because we have several products that contain these workshops, meaning we need to control the stock by the "option value" specifically, so that the stock will be applied across all the products that include that "option value".

Any ideas here would be very much appreciated.
    If we need to pay to have this option available we might go that route depending on price, we'd even share the mod if we can get it working...

Plugin Contributions

The more I look into this the more I realize that what I was asking for above is not possible the way we have our products set up now. Sorry, I misunderstood some fundamental definitions of what Option Values and Names actually are.

BUT, we'd still like to see if there's a way to obtain a list of the attributes sold, instead of having to cross-reference every order. For example, in Reports where you can see the products purchased, is there a way to go a step further and have each product purchased list the attributes available and how many of each were "sold"?

Plugin Contributions

I am happy!
    Consider this question answered. Whew!

For anyone who wanders in and is curious...
    I downloaded the mod "Orders Exporter" and it does exactly what we needed. We can use it to download a text file that includes the option names and values, which can then be opened in Excel and be formated any way we need at that point. Yay.

Plugin Contributions

Thankks for the update of what works for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!