Page 153 of 506 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Where do you get the loop? Front or backend?
    SSU version?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace38 View Post
    Ok it says i'm stuck in a re-direct loop.

i get this message.

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is

redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?

* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is probably a server configuration

issue and not your computer.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I tried installing Easy Seo Url tonight and it turned into a disaster movie and i had to use my backup files. This meant i lost recent changes including the ditching of the telephone required section of the login pages and worse yet my admin section now redirects to my stores login page.

I have looked at all the usual files such as the configure.php files and checked my sites .htaccess files and cannot see any problems.

Could there be an issue with the actual mysql database or is there a .htaccess file somewhere in the store causing a re-direct. I don't want to give out the stores admin login page for security reasons but i am wondering if anyone can help with this major issue i am having.

I am sure the admin section exists it is just re-directing itself to the stores login page and i don't know why ?
    This module does not touch core files at all (except the function zen_href_link in html_output.php), nor does it make any change to any existing database value that can affect telephone requirement etc.

If you get the admin redirection, you can check this
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...direction_loop

Most commonly encountered problems are documented clearly so users can quickly resolve them.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I was using the latest Beta version of Easy Seo but unfortunately it didn't work for me even though my server is using the latest PHP version i kept getting an error on line 10 of one file and didn't know how to fix it so chose to uninstall.

I did add the .htaccess file from the folder and i am wondering if after running a zen cart mysql backup that file could still be somewhere in there - I tried locating it but couldn't and i did a search of these forums and i see a few others had the exact same issue i am having but it doesn't say how to fix other than check the .htaccess files which i have already done.

The admin is there somewhere but the re-direct prevents me accessing it and the configure.php files are correct.

Any idea's ?

No it didnt alter telephone files...My backup was unfortunately too old so when i restored files i just lost some changes thats all.

Plugin Contributions

Please note that there are 2 main lines:
    2.9.6 is the latest in the line for php4
    3+ versions are for php5

And both should be downloaded from the link on my signature rather than the download section.

If you remove it, make sure you revert .htaccess back to normal.
    Then you need to remove any changes/any new files uploaded during the installation

Then in admin->tools->sql patch runs:

PHP Code:
    SET @t4=0;
    SELECT (@t4:=configuration_group_id) as t4 
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    'Simple SEO URL';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps i should have run that script while the admin was still there.

I lost the admin after doing a full restore of a backup of my site dated 30th November. I did this after a simple ZC MY SQL restore failed and I actually had the admin part of the store before i ran the backup but had lost the actual store part of my site. After the backup the store section returned but the admin section keeps re-directing to the store login page.

Any idea which files i should check as it's obviously just one file doing this re-direct and i just don't know which one it is. I tried that link but it didn't work with rewrite engine off and the same re-direct kept happening.

The thing is surely the backup files would have replaced any old SEO URL files ?

I actually got the file from the download section not your link as i was looking for addons.

Plugin Contributions

The thing is: like I mentioned, SSU does not replace any of your files except 1, so when you upload the backup there the SSU files are still there.
    You need to remove them.

Also, if you reverted .htaccess and still getting redirect when you go to admin, you probably have uploaded the files to the wrong folder when you do the installation as well.

Plugin Contributions

So i guess i need to go to all the folders where i originally put the files and do some double checking.

What is the one file that gets changed so i can upload it again fresh ?

Plugin Contributions

So i guess i need to go to all the folders where i originally put the files and do some double checking.

What is the one file that gets changed so i can upload it again fresh ?
    Generally you just have to go through the installation steps, but backward.

So just go through the installation note, there you will see which file was instructed to be edited/replaced.
    Also, using the installation package as a source to see which files belong to SSU

Plugin Contributions

The Html_Output file was the only one replaced and i made sure the original zencart was put back in and just checked this and it's fine.

There was one file i had left behind and i have now deleted it but everything was indeed in the correct folders.

The only thing i did which can cause a re-direct from what i gather is adding the .htaccess file from the SEO folder but i have checked and it's gone.

Still getting re-directed from my admin to my store login page.

I'm stumped and have been trying to correct this now for almost five hours.

Plugin Contributions

The Html_Output file was the only one replaced and i made sure the original zencart was put back in and just checked this and it's fine.

There was one file i had left behind and i have now deleted it but everything was indeed in the correct folders.

The only thing i did which can cause a re-direct from what i gather is adding the .htaccess file from the SEO folder but i have checked and it's gone.

Still getting re-directed from my admin to my store login page.

I'm stumped and have been trying to correct this now for almost five hours.
    If you reverted .htaccess, you also removed all other files and still get redirection from admin, it shows that you uploaded some files to the wrong folder
    For example, some files in the frontend "includes" folder could have been uploaded to the admin/includes
    Please note that SSU does not do any redirection on admin site unless it is installed incorrectly.
    Or perhaps you edited .htaccess in admin folder and didnt revert back?

If you dont believe me, just go through the installation package, the db patches and you will see it for yourself. SSU was not designed to do any redirection on admin (which makes point anyway)

Other than telling you which file should be removed, which db patch should be run, Im afraid I can't do anything else here. If you have done all that it means your site is back to before installing the module (unless, like I mentioned, some files were uploaded to the wrong folder and have not been removed)
    Last edited by yellow1912; 6 Dec 2008 at 04:03 AM.