Page 13 of 506 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

It may, or may not. All those are theories, Google keeps it a secret. But it's what you have to live with right now, it's just the way ZC links are created right now.

I do believe Google take such things into consideration as well, they wont go crazy and just punish all the sites out there.
    Last edited by yellow1912; 6 Mar 2008 at 12:34 AM.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Yellow - a few questions:

1. How does this compare to Ultimate SEO urls and Magic SEO urls? Is it going to be better? Do you think the rewrite method will be adopted into the core code eventually?

2. Do you want this to eventually be a contribution, or is this a one time project?

3. Does this use mod_rewrite to change the urls? Does it cause duplicate content?

4. Is there a way we could contribute to the development?

I just ask because I am evaluating SEO mods for zen cart. Magic seo urls looks like it has a great feature set, but it is not truly open source and I need that for a modified cart. Further I have heard it has actually hurt some sites' google ranking.

Plugin Contributions

1. How does this compare to Ultimate SEO urls and Magic SEO urls? Is it going to be better? Do you think the rewrite method will be adopted into the core code eventually?
    --> huhm, Ultimate seo is no longer developed. Magic SEO does not support every link, and it costs.
    But again, those 2 modules have been around for a while, they do have something better than this one, for sure.

2. Do you want this to eventually be a contribution, or is this a one time project?
    --> yes, when I have the time, I will work on it

3. Does this use mod_rewrite to change the urls? Does it cause duplicate content?
    --> it does, but I do have plan to have a fall-back method for it.
    -->currently, it creates links the way zen does, if zen can cause duplicated content, this one will as well. (I do have plan to fix this)

4. Is there a way we could contribute to the development?
    Download it, work on it. The class is well commented, in fact we have a few coders contributed new codes here and there.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

This sounds like an excellent mod. Thank you

Plugin Contributions

The direction Simple SEO is headed looks great. I love that the URL paths appear to be easily customized. But I'm not sure what all its drawbacks are (compared to Magic SEO Url, specifically). What are they?

I ask because my client's site has been hit hard in Google's rankings. The URL turmoil it has experienced has dropped it from the top ten in many areas. For seven years up through December it was a Cold Fusion site and the URLs hadn't changed. In January, the site relaunched with Zen Cart. In February, many of the site's product IDs were accidentally changed and not noticed until too late. In March, the categories were overhauled and some of its category IDs were merged/swapped/deleted. That could have been handled better but what's done is done. In April, the site will go to friendly URLs.

At this time the plan is to use mSEO despite its URL path drawbacks. mSEO has 301 Redirect support, prevents duplication, and with the Numinix add-on, feeds are corrected, too. This appeals to my client.

Eventually, sSEO looks like the best solution but I'm not sure it is right now. I may not have the time to deal with its drawbacks, two of which I understand are that it does not yet prevent duplication and does not yet handle the 301 Redirect thing. Do I have that right? I may have accidentally skipped a page in this thread.

If I go with mSEO now and then in May or June, sSEO is ready for prime time, will sSEO be able to handle all the redirects for the mSEO URLs that have already propagated into the search engines?

Plugin Contributions

Also, I am unsure about why any of these SEO solutions insist on putting the ID in the URL. What is the point if customers use unique product names? Does it have something to do with 301 Redirect?

I like Ultimate SEO because it uses product names without any category in the URL. And it looks like if hacked, the pID can be removed. But uSEO's support looks to be abandoned and needed improvements appear unlikely.

Plugin Contributions

Yup, while maybe implied, I did forget to say thank you. So...

Thank you for developing Simple SEO, yellow1912. Zen users will finally have a supported, fully fleshed-out, and a truly open source SEO URL solution.

Plugin Contributions

Is anybody running this on a live site?

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone experienced any problems with PayPal EC when using this mod?

Is a download option available? Now I need the files piece by piece.
    Maybe a zipfile somewhere.

Thanx

Bram