Page 162 of 506 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

I've got a couple of questions about the install. I installed everything per instructions on a local server test site. Everything seems to work alright as far as I can tell. When I run the ssu_check.php I get a page that shows the first picture. What do the warnings mean?

The second picture shows the manager screen. Some of the cache resets don't have the name of what they are resets for. It doesn't look what the tutorial on the download page shows. I installed the latest version 3.4.8 on a Wampserver that is running PHP 5.2.3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssu_check.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	5007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cache.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	5009  

Plugin Contributions

First picture:
    all is well (make sure your htaccess content is as suggested)

Second picture: we have a problem there
    Maybe, just may be, shorthanded tag is disabled on your server

Go to admin/ssu.php, line 180
    Replace
    PHP Code:
    Reset only <?= $parser ?> cache: <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SSU,"action=reset_cache&folder=$parser"); ?>">Click here</a><br />
    by
    PHP Code:
    Reset only <?php echo $parser?> cache: <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SSU,"action=reset_cache&folder=$parser"); ?>">Click here</a><br />
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,

I went into Wamp's PHP settings and turned on short open tags (they are off by default) and it works now. There was no need to edit the ssu.php file.

I have another question now. This is being built to replace our existing live site that was built with Ultimate SEO URL. We are changing our site over to using stock by attributes and have to redirect multiple product pages without attributes to single product pages with attributes. When trying to set up the 301's in the .htaccess it appends the old url to the end of the new SSEO url. Is there a way to a way to get it to work without this happening or do they need to be redirected to the url generated by the cart without SSEO turned on. They do work right if done that way.

Plugin Contributions

Can you give an example?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by member View Post
    Thanks,

I went into Wamp's PHP settings and turned on short open tags (they are off by default) and it works now. There was no need to edit the ssu.php file.

I have another question now. This is being built to replace our existing live site that was built with Ultimate SEO URL. We are changing our site over to using stock by attributes and have to redirect multiple product pages without attributes to single product pages with attributes. When trying to set up the 301's in the .htaccess it appends the old url to the end of the new SSEO url. Is there a way to a way to get it to work without this happening or do they need to be redirected to the url generated by the cart without SSEO turned on. They do work right if done that way.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Hi yellow I'm still using simple seo 2.8 do I need to update to any new version or should I just use what I have. I don't want to get to far behind. Some of the changes you have made to the 3+ beta I don't need anyway, but like I said I don't want to get to far behind. If I need to update, what stable version should I update to. Thank you in advance.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

If I redirect from Ultimate Seo URL to Simple Seo URL

Redirect 301 /original-url-p-694.html http://website.com/category-name-c-13/12187-p-12187/

I get this page:

http://website.com/category-name-c-1...url-p-694.html

If I only redirect to the regular ZC link the redirect works correctly:

Redirect 301 /original-url-p-694.html http://website.com/index.php?main_pa...ducts_id=12187

works and redirects to http:/website.com/category-name-c-13/12187-p-12187/

this (/category-name-c-13/12187-p-12187/) is the outcome I was trying to get redirecting from one SEO URL to another

I was trying to avoid a double redirect in case the search engines didn't like it.

You have to mouse over the link examples to see the full path at the bottom of your browser because the forum truncated it in the middle.
    Last edited by member; 16 Dec 2008 at 05:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Hi yellow I'm still using simple seo 2.8 do I need to update to any new version or should I just use what I have. I don't want to get to far behind. Some of the changes you have made to the 3+ beta I don't need anyway, but like I said I don't want to get to far behind. If I need to update, what stable version should I update to. Thank you in advance.
    If everything works correctly, and you are happy with it, no need to change. SSU is written in such a way that when you do the upgrade most of the time you do not have to do anything, just upload the new files and it's done. So you dont have to worry about staying to far behind.
    The only exception is to go from 2.x to 3.x there are about 3 files needed to be deleted, but that's it.
    Last edited by yellow1912; 16 Dec 2008 at 05:30 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I see what you mean, and yes, it happens because SSU use a slightly different url form (with no .html)

If you can give me one day (since it's almost midnight here), I will have something that correctly redirects from USU links to SEO links which requires only 1 redirection (just the way SE want)

Raine

Quote Originally Posted by member View Post
    If I redirect from Ultimate Seo URL to Simple Seo URL

Redirect 301 /original-url-p-694.html http://website.com/category-name-c-13/12187-p-12187/

I get this page:

http://website.com/category-name-c-1...url-p-694.html

If I only redirect to the regular ZC link the redirect works correctly:

Redirect 301 /original-url-p-694.html http://website.com/index.php?main_pa...ducts_id=12187

works and redirects to http:/website.com/category-name-c-13/12187-p-12187/

this (/category-name-c-13/12187-p-12187/) is the outcome I was trying to get redirecting from one SEO URL to another

I was trying to avoid a double redirect in case the search engines didn't like it.

You have to mouse over the link examples to see the full path at the bottom of your browser because the forum truncated it in the middle.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds great, I'll check back later.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

hey yellow, can you help me out here - you did such a great job last time helping me.. i thought i had all 3 of my sites workign with SSU but just found out the hard way that 1 is not.. Everything works on skinzee.com EXCEPT when you try to 'add to cart'. The system locks up and you never get to the cart.. This does not happen with my other 2 sites.. I marked SSu to be turned off and it worked fine but soon as i mark it 'true' and turn it on, it hangs up on the shopping cart. Any ideas?
    Website Developer and Search Engine Optimazation Boise Idaho. Details at BoiseWired.com