Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

All my errors can be seen here..

Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Direct View Post
    All my errors can be seen here..

Please help!
    Uhm, if you are talking about the css problem, this has nothing to do with SSU. You are using one of the modules that make use of css/js loader. You are having internal server error here:
    http://www.thetahealing33.co.uk/min

Which can be caused by many reasons, you need to check your server error log to see the exact error details. My wild guess is that it's a linux permission problem.
    Last edited by yellow1912; 16 Sep 2009 at 01:15 PM.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

OMG!!! This add-on is all it is reported to be!! SIMPLE to use and install.. Thank you!! Now I only have one small issue..

I am using Category "0' as the "main" store page.. This is because I am using the main Zen Cart page as a "splash page" for the site.

I got it all working the way the client wants, but with SSU turned on Category '0" is being redirected to the site's main page.. I tried setting a specific alias so "index.php?main_page=index&cPath=0" would redirect to "store_home", and that didn't seem to work.. I hope this is a simple thing to fix..

Links:
    Site: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/hairisle
    "Main" store page: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/ha...=index&cPath=0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    OMG!!! This add-on is all it is reported to be!! SIMPLE to use and install.. Thank you!! Now I only have one small issue..

I am using Category "0' as the "main" store page.. This is because I am using the main Zen Cart page as a "splash page" for the site.

I got it all working the way the client wants, but with SSU turned on Category '0" is being redirected to the site's main page.. I tried setting a specific alias so "index.php?main_page=index&cPath=0" would redirect to "store_home", and that didn't seem to work.. I hope this is a simple thing to fix..

Links:
    Site: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/hairisle
    "Main" store page: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/ha...=index&cPath=0
    This will help you, I assume you are using cPath=0 to list all categories?
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...otings/cpath_0
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    This will help you, I assume you are using cPath=0 to list all categories?
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...otings/cpath_0
    Yes I am.. and my apologies for not searching this thread or your site first.. (I ACTUALLY know better..) I read this.. no offense at all meant to the author, but I found his instructions a little confusing.. I didn't quite understand the purpose of creating the "tpl_topcategories_default.php" file or why the empty "topcategories" folder needed to be created.. But in all this was VERY helpful, and I got the gist of what needed to be done..

So to test I added the code to display top level categories on one of my defined pages (using the source edit mode), and when that worked, it spawned an idea for me.. I use the "Define Page Generator" application to create custom defined pages on the fly for me. So I created a new defined page, added the code to make the top level categories appear, and all is right with the world.. I'll be happy to post a detailed step by step of what I did and what I edited if anyone is interested..

Thanks for such a fantastic mod!! I tried one other SEO mod a while back and it killed my site so I was MORE THAN gun shy about trying another one.. But after doing a LOT of research I came across your mod.. It is simply put THE BOMB.. The install was so easy t was almost SCARY!!!

Anyway thanks for the response.. All is truly right in the world now..

Plugin Contributions

A link to what I did to get this all back working again..

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...62&postcount=4

Yes I am.. and my apologies for not searching this thread or your site first.. (I ACTUALLY know better..) I read this.. no offense at all meant to the author, but I found his instructions a little confusing.. I didn't quite understand the purpose of creating the "tpl_topcategories_default.php" file or why the empty "topcategories" folder needed to be created.. But in all this was VERY helpful, and I got the gist of what needed to be done..

So to test I added the code to display top level categories on one of my defined pages (using the source edit mode), and when that worked, it spawned an idea for me.. I use the "Define Page Generator" application to create custom defined pages on the fly for me. So I created a new defined page, added the code to make the top level categories appear, and all is right with the world.. I'll be happy to post a detailed step by step of what I did and what I edited if anyone is interested..

Thanks for such a fantastic mod!! I tried one other SEO mod a while back and it killed my site so I was MORE THAN gun shy about trying another one.. But after doing a LOT of research I came across your mod.. It is simply put THE BOMB.. The install was so easy t was almost SCARY!!!

Anyway thanks for the response.. All is truly right in the world now..

Plugin Contributions

Okay two more issues..

1. The Testimonials add-on and Simple SEO.

The problem is this: In the admin I have "Only registered customers may submit a testimonial" set to true. So when the user tries to create a testimonial and they are not logged in, the user is presented with the login page. (so far so good..) after they enter their login information, instead of being redirected back to the returns entry form, they are redirected back to a page that does not exist.. As a matter of fact it looks like they are being redirected to the SWF file that is on my main page. If I turn off SEO, it all works just fine..

Even if I add "testimonials_add"
      to the SSU exclude list, the problem persists. I could set "Only registered customers may submit a testimonial" to false, and add CAPTCHA to it but I REALLY don't want the form available to unregistered visitors..
    2. The Returns Authorization add-on and Simple SEO.

The problem is the same as the issue with the Testimonials mod: In the admin I have "Only registered customers may submit a return request" set to true. So when the user tries to create a testimonial and they are not logged in, the user is presented with the login page. (so far so good..) after they enter their login information, instead of being redirected back to the returns entry form, they are redirected back to a page that does not exist.. As a matter of fact it looks like they are being redirected to the SWF file that is on my main page. If I turn off SEO, it all works just fine..

Even if I add "returns"
      to the exclude list in SSU, the problem persists.
      I could set "Only registered customers may submit a return request" to false, and add CAPTCHA to it but I REALLY don't want the form available to unregistered visitors..
    I've already asked Clyde about this, and he directed me to post these issues here since it only happens when I have SSU active. Hope you can help me figure this out..

Plugin Contributions

Okay.. I've done a LOT more digging and reading through the forum and yellow's website PRAYING to find a clue..

After some more investigation, and testing it appears that the heart of the issue isn't with either of these mods at all. The issue is that the login is redirecting to a page that SSU says does not exist.. and TECHNICALLY it does not..

So here's what I did.. I turned off SSU and tried to log in to the store..

Upon logging me in, I am redirected to the following page:
    http://clients.overthehillweb.com/ha...isleflash2_swf=

Which is STRANGE as heck 'cause I don't know where that URL is coming from.. With SSU off, this URL displays the main site page. However, it does provide some insight at to why SSU hiccups. If SSU attempts to make this link SEO friendly you get this:
    http://clients.overthehillweb.com/ha...isleflash2_swf

Which is exactly what happens when you login with SSU on and Zen Cart tells me that this page cannot be found.. (It's not a real page, so this makes sense too..)

So the last thing I did was to remove the .htaccess file, and see if the login behavior went back to normal and it did. So after all of this I am guessing that the issue is in my .htaccess file, and here's where my eyes start to CROSS..

What on earth to I need to add, subtract, or divide from my .htaccess file to get this to redirect the login correctly..

Contents of my .htaccess file
    Code:

#### BOF SSU
    Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
    RewriteEngine On
    # Make sure to change "zencart" to the subfolder you install ZC. If you use root folder, change to: RewriteBase / 
    RewriteBase /hairisle/
    # Deny access from .htaccess
    RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA,L]
    #### EOF SSU
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 17 Sep 2009 at 07:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

The fact that SSU seemed to be burping on my home page flash fascinated me.. So I tried removing the flash code from my main page to no avail.. then I found this: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Using_Flash

I deleted the flash file from where I had it: /media/hairisleflash.swf, and whadaya know?? The login began functioning normally.. So following the directions from the link above, I changed the location of my home page flash file, and we are now all in business again..

I don't like flash, and I try like hell to stay away from it. This is the first Zen site I've used it on so I didn't realize it would make such a BIG DEAL where you put the flash files..

Anyway.. I'm sure yellow is quite tired of my posts.. but I like to document what I did and how I resolved issues in case it helps someone else with a similar issue..

Thanks goodness it did work out.. I was at a loss about what to do since I REALLY didn't want to use another SEO add-on.. My second choice SEO is a real DISTANT second choice.. I think that this one is really one of the best SEO mods available for Zen..

Upon logging me in, I am redirected to the following page:
    http://clients.overthehillweb.com/ha...isleflash2_swf=

Which is STRANGE as heck 'cause I don't know where that URL is coming from.. With SSU off, this URL displays the main site page. However, it does provide some insight at to why SSU hiccups. If SSU attempts to make this link SEO friendly you get this:
    http://clients.overthehillweb.com/ha...isleflash2_swf

Which is exactly what happens when you login with SSU on and Zen Cart tells me that this page cannot be found.. (It's not a real page, so this makes sense too..)

Plugin Contributions

Yellow.. quick question...

with SSU turned off:
    when on this page
    /index.php?main_page=checkout_success
    the user is given the choice to update their 'product status alert' via the update button, this takes them to this page
    /index.php?main_page=account_notifications

however, with SSU turned on... when the user clicks the update button at the checkout_success page, the user is just returned to the index page. (/index/notify?action=notify)

I don't know why..

I have added account_notifications,checkout_success, to the excludes list but that has no effect, its simply doesn't write the human readable URLs but stil returns the user to the index page and not the account_notifications page

totally lost....

does anyone else have this problem?

(Im not really that arsed to be honest, if the problem cant be fixed.. can someone tell me how to switch that aspect OFF in the admin for Checkout-success page)
    Last edited by Shane78; 18 Sep 2009 at 11:30 AM.