Page 4 of 506 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

I'm also looking for some suggestions from you guys here, especially the search engine expert:
    Would you rather use
    site.com/specials.html or site.com/specials

While site.com/specials.html may look nice, using it at the same time with site.com/specials can lead to duplicated content, so I'm a bit concerned about this.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Version 2.4b released:
    1. Some base code for 301 (permanent) redirect. Currently redirecting only page that has a single $_GET param (main_page). More will be added later to cover more pages in order to reduce the risk of having duplicated content
    2. Planning to completely change from site.com/contact_us.html to site.com/contact_us in the next version.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Firstly - great mod. I need to install it on a store this weekend, where the old SEO mod crashed the server, due to the number of products and categories on the site, so hopefully this will fair a little better. Fingers crossed!

1 things I'd like to add to the stew is I haven't seen how you are handling extensions, but could this be a admin defined constant? I have a couple of sites where i need to replace the existing pages, and one is .php and the other has .html extensions, so I'd like to keep these constant if I can. Obviously, then if you don't want the extension, just set this to empty in the admin....

Is this possible?

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Not currently available, but fairly easy to do so. This should be available within 1 or 2 days since Im releasing new versions at max speed to get to stable state.

This mod stores product and categories in files, it only queries database the first time a category/product is loaded, that should reduce the strain on your sql server.

Plugin Contributions

Version Alpha 2.5 is now available for testing, this version is packed with a bunch of new features:

1. The ability to set the file extension you want
    2. The ability to set the name delimiter you want
    3. Now you can have SSU automatically update the category/product names in links whenever you make a change.
    4. Database installation and upgrade(in any later version) is done automatically.

For Zencart mod developers: this version is packed with:

1. A mini template class that can be used both in catalog/admin
    2. An input validation class
    3. A module installer/upgrader class
    4. sqlpatch class that let you execute any sql file just like what you can do with Zen sqlpach

More documentation will come later.

All code and features suggestion are welcome and appreciated.

Code:
    Demo:
    http://demo.rubikintegration.com/zencart/
    Download:
    https://svn.rubikintegration.com/zencart_mods/Simple%20SEO%20URL/
    Last edited by yellow1912; 26 Jan 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Documentation added.

Please NOTE: this mod should NOT be used on a live site yet for several reasons:

1. A completely working 301 redirect method is still under development for best SEO practice (not that any other SEO mod such as Ultimate SEO or Magic SEO has done this properly). SSU's main goal is to do this properly.

2. I'm still thinking if I should even make the links created by SSU shorter. More features -> greater performance penalty, however.

@Absolute: I would be interested in testing SSU performance on site that has a large number of products like yours. Care to set a test site to do it?

Regards.

Plugin Contributions

With the mod finally working in a stable mod, the next step taken would be mainly SEO.

I'm no SEO expert, so I had to seek answers from others before implementing the final algorithm, here is what to be expected in the next version, all comments are welcome. If you want something, better say it now.

1. Certain links such as:
    product_info/cPath/gift-certificates-21/products_id/gift-certificate-5-00-28
    Will now be shortened to something like this:
    product_info/gift-certificates-21/gift-certificate-5-00-28

This is done for 2 reasons:
    a. shorter urls
    b. enforce the order the main params appear -> so we can prevent duplicated content risk.

2. Better 301 redirects which should cover most core links.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're going to drop the cPath, I hope you have some other way of identifying the current category for cases when products are linked to more than one category.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Cpath value will still be there, I will just drop the word cPath in the links, but will re-build it before other functions need it.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

I just installed Ultimate SEO URL 2.106.
    I've configured it.

Now what?

Sorry for the obvious question.

Page 4 of 506 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast