Page 406 of 506 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Quote Originally Posted by llynix View Post
    How do you tell what version of SSU you are running. I notice the latest version on the website seems to be 3.7.1 wanted to know if I was up to date.

I checked the original zip I downloaded and there didn't seem to be any mention of a version number. Is it hidden somewhere?

Anthony
    admin/tools/module_manger and then click List all modules. That will show you.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    admin/tools/module_manger and then click List all modules. That will show you.
    Der.. didn't think of that. Thank you. Turns out I'm up to date.

Next question. All my categories were listed under a main category named 'All Categories'. I thought this was a little silly. So to try things out I moved all the categories in that category back a notch and deleted the All Categories category.

For some reason SSU didn't update all the links. And still after removing the cache (eventually went and did a rm -rf * in the ssu cache folder) it seems to be tagging the all-categories tag to certain items.

It seems to happen only on the highest level categories. You can see what's happening with the links at the sitemap:

http://beta.buydentalequipment.com/cart/site_map

And one of the categories in question. Please note one other buggy perhaps related. The name of the category on the top of the page says "Home" while on the normal site it would say "Mobile & Portable Equipment".

http://beta.buydentalequipment.com/c...ipment-c-3_165

Notice the all-categories still in the URL.

Thank you,

Anthony

Plugin Contributions

I have installed SSU and on the first admin run going to Admin/Extras/Simple SEO I briefly saw a green screen showing all the DB patches that have been applied. SSU has been turned on under Admin/Configuration. The DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE values at the bottom of each config file are identical.

The following changes have been made to both my configure.php files per yellow1912's instructions and my store resides in the root of my server, not in any sub-folder:

Code:
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.site.com');
    (changed mine to http://www.earnest-enterprises.com)

Code:
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure.site.com');
    (changed mine to https://www.earnest-enterprises.com)

Code:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/subfolder/');
    (changed mine to '/')

Code:
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/~username/subfolder/');
    (changed mine to '/')

To check that everything was working properly I ran ssu_check.php. In doing this I see the following in the small window that appears (\!/ designating the yellow warning signs). Below is as it appeared in sequence:

Code:
    \!/ checking includes/configure.php
    \!/ suggest .htaccess content
    (window here showing suggested .htaccess code)
    small lightbulb here stating success
    \!/ checking cache write permission
    I have copied/pasted the code that appears in the ssu_check window into my .htaccess file (which I had done previously but did it again). My cache directory and all sub-directories under it are set at 777. Have not touched the Admin/Configuration/Simple SEO settings and left them as they were.

Just wondering if the warning signs are normal or if I have something amiss. I have been very careful with both of the configure files in editing them. Anyone have any ideas? Yellow1912, if/when you're available? May not have a problem here but would rather find out now than later... Thanks in advance for any assist.

Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Earnest-Enterprises View Post
    I have installed SSU and on the first admin run going to Admin/Extras/Simple SEO I briefly saw a green screen showing all the DB patches that have been applied. SSU has been turned on under Admin/Configuration. The DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE values at the bottom of each config file are identical.

The following changes have been made to both my configure.php files per yellow1912's instructions and my store resides in the root of my server, not in any sub-folder:

Code:
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.site.com');
    (changed mine to http://www.earnest-enterprises.com)

Code:
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure.site.com');
    (changed mine to https://www.earnest-enterprises.com)

Code:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/subfolder/');
    (changed mine to '/')

Code:
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/~username/subfolder/');
    (changed mine to '/')

To check that everything was working properly I ran ssu_check.php. In doing this I see the following in the small window that appears (\!/ designating the yellow warning signs). Below is as it appeared in sequence:

Code:
    \!/ checking includes/configure.php
    \!/ suggest .htaccess content
    (window here showing suggested .htaccess code)
    small lightbulb here stating success
    \!/ checking cache write permission
    I have copied/pasted the code that appears in the ssu_check window into my .htaccess file (which I had done previously but did it again). My cache directory and all sub-directories under it are set at 777. Have not touched the Admin/Configuration/Simple SEO settings and left them as they were.

Just wondering if the warning signs are normal or if I have something amiss. I have been very careful with both of the configure files in editing them. Anyone have any ideas? Yellow1912, if/when you're available? May not have a problem here but would rather find out now than later... Thanks in advance for any assist.

Rod
    Just disregard the warning signs. If everything is working OK you good to go. Go to Admin/Configuration/Simple SEO settings and set
    Set Link Alias Status to true.
    Set SSU Status to true.
    Set Auto Alias Status to true.
    Everything should work properly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by llynix View Post
    Der.. didn't think of that. Thank you. Turns out I'm up to date.

Next question. All my categories were listed under a main category named 'All Categories'. I thought this was a little silly. So to try things out I moved all the categories in that category back a notch and deleted the All Categories category.

For some reason SSU didn't update all the links. And still after removing the cache (eventually went and did a rm -rf * in the ssu cache folder) it seems to be tagging the all-categories tag to certain items.

It seems to happen only on the highest level categories. You can see what's happening with the links at the sitemap:

http://beta.buydentalequipment.com/cart/site_map

And one of the categories in question. Please note one other buggy perhaps related. The name of the category on the top of the page says "Home" while on the normal site it would say "Mobile & Portable Equipment".

http://beta.buydentalequipment.com/c...ipment-c-3_165

Notice the all-categories still in the URL.

Thank you,

Anthony
    You need to make sure your cache is cleared out good. Run clear cache in extras/simple_seo_url_manager a few more time. When I do this I always go to configuration/simple_seo and cut it off, then clear my cache. I then cut it back on and watch the magic work.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, countrycharm. I'll make those changes. It seems, though, that the files aren't being saved to the appropriate directories (or at least the directories the mod included in the install). There is nothing in any of them. The defaults are:

(root)/cache/ssu/products
    (root)/cache/ssu/pc
    (root)/cache/ssu/pages
    (root)/cache/ssu/pc
    (root)/cache/ssu/manufacturers
    (root)/cache/ssu/categories
    (root)/cache/ssu/aliases

They are all empty. When SSU runs the files are being saved to:

(root)/DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE/ssu/products
    (root)/DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE/ssu/categories
    (root)/DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE/ssu/pc

In checking my stats on my server the bots/spiders ARE picking up what these directories contain so maybe I should leave well enough alone. I have made no changes to any of the mod PHP files, only my ZEN configure.php's but for whatever reason they're being saved to the above folders and not the default.

Thanks again for the reply.

Plugin Contributions

Yellow has improve the clearing of the cache function in admin right much. It still has some problems but over all it still does OK most of the time. I found out it depends on what host and what kind of server you are on. Some host will work better than others when clearing the cache. I clear my cache everyday to keep it building up so many. By doing this my sites operates pretty much like I want it to.
    So are you saying that Yellow has eliminated this problem with his latest version?

Ian

Plugin Contributions

Hi. Small problem I can't get to the bottom off...
    Yesterday I had to move some of my sites to a new server. Had the accounts saved in cpanel, restored them on the new installation through whm, all seemed fine. Except that in all zencart sites I have, htose that had ssu active now redirect all links to the homepage. I checked mod_rewrite, it's active, the nameservers, even the ip's are the same, I don't understand what's going on. Oh, and I seem to have php running on cgi if that makes a difference, as all my sites stated that configure.php is writable, but the file's rights were 644. I made a chmod.php to fix the issue, but the ssu problem remains. Any help please? Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This is a work in progress, a temporary domain for this would be shop. I control this server, so if there are technologies I missed on my apache compilation, please tell me. Thank you.

L.E.
    Here's the content of my .httaccess

#### BOF SSU
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    # Make sure to change "zencart" to the subfolder you install ZC. If you use root folder, change to: RewriteBase /
    RewriteBase /
    # Deny access from .htaccess
    RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule .* - [L]

RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA,L]

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^info-juego.es
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.info-juego.es/$1 [R=301,L]

#### EOF SSURewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^info-juego.es$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^info-juego.es$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.info-juego.es$
    RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.info-juego\.es" [R=301,L]
    Last edited by mnemos; 4 Dec 2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added text

Plugin Contributions

You need to make sure your cache is cleared out good. Run clear cache in extras/simple_seo_url_manager a few more time. When I do this I always go to configuration/simple_seo and cut it off, then clear my cache. I then cut it back on and watch the magic work.
    I went back the next day and tried again. Only did 2 things, turn SSU off and on.. and fix one line in my configure for the SQL cache path, which is set to none anyway so I figured it would be ignored.. but it's nice to have things right.

Mysteriously started working.. go figure.

Plugin Contributions

First, I really know very little about SEO. That being said, my main question is: aren't search engines (at least the major ones like google or bing) smart enough these days that this kind url rewriting isn't necessary anymore?

My second question: Alot of stuff in ZenCart happens based on GET params. If the url doesn't have the query string anymore does that effect the core code operations like if's and switches?