Page 451 of 506 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Does anyone know if a clean install of zencart 1.3.9f that already has module manager (the latest is rev18, I think) and SSU 3.8.5 installed and running correctly -- that is available as a download???

I've got a 1.3.8a store running in my dev environment with SSU 3.8.0 running correctly. I cannot get 3.8.5 to work correctly, either upgrading 3.8.0, or as a new install.

Dev env is xampp 1.7.1, win64.

My working store is 1.3.8a with SSU 3.8.0. It started as a SSU 3.6.7, and was upgraded over time to 3.8.0. URLs in the address bar are seo-friendly. URLs that appear in the browser status bar when you hover over link are friendly. Clicking a link works as expected. This 1.3.8a store and SSU 3.8.0 seems to work correctly.

I'm trying to upgrade the store to 1.3.9f, but I can't get SSU to work anymore. I've tried dozens of times (same dev environment) to get a fresh 1.3.9f install to work with SSU 3.8.5, but I cannot! I've read the online docs at rubikintegration, i've been slow and careful, but it doesn't work for me. The URLs look friendly, but any link you click simply dumps you on the main landing page -- you can't view any other pages.

Since my other store works fine under the same xampp env, I assume apache is configured right.

If a clean 1.3.9f install with SSu 3.8.5 is available somewhere, I've love to download it and compare to my install.

Anyone know if such a package exists?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by khopek View Post
    I have had similar problems with SSU not showing urls how I wanted. In my case SSU kept showing the ID's. The only way I found to correct it was to actually delete all the folders inside the SSU cache then go to Extras->SSU Manager and Reset All Cache.
    Thanks for the reply. How do I manually delete the SSU cache?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendoparts View Post
    Thanks for the reply. How do I manually delete the SSU cache?
    Ok I figured out how to manually delete the Su cache, but I'm still getting URLS like

.nintendoparts.com.au/screens-c-2_5/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen-p-2

instead of

.nintendoparts.com.au/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen-p-2.html

Does anyone have any other suggestions of how to get this thing working? I'm thinking of trying ultimate SEO URL's instead, at least it's built or zencart 1.39

Plugin Contributions

I just upgraded SSU 3.8.4 to 3.8.5, by just re-uploading the new files and overwriting the old files via ftp.

Now when I go to extra>SSU URL Manager I'm getting a blank screen

I checked my debug file and it says:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'yclass' not found in /home2/ndsparts/public_html/admin/ssu.php on line 16

I have re-uploaded the files several times to make sure I haven't missed any.

I also noted that my URL's have changed slightly from

.nintendoparts.com.au/screens-c-2_5/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen-p-2

to

.nintendoparts.com.au/-c-2_5/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen-p-2

What's going on here?

I'm running zencart 1.39f with the latest module manager by the way.
    Last edited by Nintendoparts; 26 Sep 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Plugin Contributions

@Nintendoparts:

That error (no yclass) shows that you may not have the latest module manager as you thought. Please try to get it here again:

http://code.google.com/p/zencart-mod...downloads/list

You should also read:
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...eshootings/c-0

This module works for all new zencart versions, that including 1.3.9f. I think you should read more about ultimate seo url before using it, if you dont use SSU there are better options than that module.

@escookies and others with 1.3.9: you may want to check the .htaccess file, zen 1.3.9 has some changes that may require changing the .htaccess file a bit

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA,L]
    to:
    RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA,L,PT]

@hc1501: latest version (3.8.5) uses less cache file, so you should get it. If you dont use auto alias you will not feature auto alias provides but you will have much less cache files as well.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

In addition, SSU has gone GIT.
    http://github.com/yellow1912/simple-seo-url

If you want to report bugs, or just want to always stay ahead, that is the place.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

No, but you can install in in 5 mins :) yes the Simple Seo works flawlessly with the latest stable version.

Plugin Contributions

@acedweb - not sure who you are answering... if it is my question about a new 1.3.9f install with SSU... i know it only takes 5 minutes to install. i've done it 20 times on two different laptops. I can make 3.8.0 work on 1.3.8a, but I can't make 3.8.5 work on 1.3.8a or 1.3.9f. So, I asked for a known working copy to see if it is something in my env. Note: i can make 1.3.8 and ssu3.8.0 work, so I don't think it's my environment.

I've included my .htaccess file below. Any suggestions? In all cases, the URLs look correct, but the page doesn't load. I always see the main page. By the way, the "missing page check" is off, so that's not masking the problem. Anyone have ideas of where i could add some "error_log" statements to help indicate where the problem is?

#### BOF SSU
    Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
    RewriteEngine On
    # Make sure to change "zencart" to the subfolder you install ZC. If you use root folder, change to: RewriteBase /
    RewriteBase /zen_new/

# Deny access from .htaccess
    RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d

#*** i have tried each of these, one at a time ***
    #RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA,L]
    #RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA,L,PT]

# suggested by ssu_check.php
    RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1 [E=VAR1:$1,QSA]
    #### EOF SSU

Plugin Contributions

It's probably your environment, note several things relied on your env set correctly:

example:
    DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR
    $_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]
    $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']

If I remember correctly 3.8.5 uses DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR instead of "\" to support windows server, so you may want to check and make sure if DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR is set correctly (this is set automatically on the server, but some time it can return wrong value)

Your htaccess looks fine, the fact that you see homepage every time means the redirection does work. It's just that the link.php cannot process the link correctly for some reason. (includes/classes/ssu/cores/link.php). If you have some php experience you can go in there and try to die() at some checkout point to see where it got stuck. Or you can also turns on zencart debug logging and hope that the error get logged (unlikely)

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, thanks heaps for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    @Nintendoparts:

That error (no yclass) shows that you may not have the latest module manager as you thought. Please try to get it here again:

http://code.google.com/p/zencart-mod...downloads/list
    According to the link that file was uploaded in Jan this year and I only started this website in March this year. Also I have the original module_manager.zip I installed module manager with and I verified the checksum matches with the latest version. So I'm pretty confident my module manager is the latest.

According to that link my funny looking URL's, eg:

.nintendoparts.com.au/-c-2_5/ds-lite-bottom-lcd-screen-p-2

are due to the use of Easy Populate. I don't even know what Easy Populate is, and I'm pretty sure I've never installed this module.

This module works for all new zencart versions, that including 1.3.9f. I think you should read more about ultimate seo url before using it, if you dont use SSU there are better options than that module.
    Could you elaborate on which modules may be better?

Thanks again for your continues support of this module