Page 502 of 506 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

I need help i have installed it and it comes up on my zencart bar, till i click on it then its all blank url not working how do i make the Simple SEO URL work on zencart, it shows up on zencart till i click on then nothing works??????

Plugin Contributions

Mine don't work???

Plugin Contributions

Ware i find that at?

Plugin Contributions

Just an update, couldn't get this to work but so am using a different cart now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bseduced.com View Post
    After trying to install this module months and months ago, I got frustrated and gave up on it. The other day I decided to give it another shot, and I'm so, so close to getting it to work right, but I just can't seem to get it there. After an exhaustive and exhausting search of this support thread, I've finally decided to ask for help directly.

The core problem I'm having is that additional images no longer work with Simple SEO turned on. I know this has been covered in previous posts, and I've checked the Exclude List in the Configuration panel, and it's exactly as it should be. For some reason it seems as if the Exclude List isn't working. This led me to check the config.php file. In it, the lines of code dealing with the two exclusion lists are commented out:

When I tried to uncomment these lines, the site throws a 500 error. This led to an investigation into the .htaccess file which, again, looks exactly as it should, according to the installation instructions and ssu_check.php.

So I'm officially out of ideas. If anybody else has experienced and solved this problem or maybe knows what I'm failing to notice, I would be extremely grateful.
    Hey I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I think I am making some headway. First of all I had Simple SEO installed and running just fine in 1.38, and it continues to run in 1.50. The problem is there are no menus. In order to manage aliases, I go to the link . . . examplesite.com/admin/ssu.php (note: I use this for other mods that are not 'menu certified' for 1.50, seems to work in many cases). However that still did not allow me to exclude additional pages . . . . with Bseduced's comments about EXCLUDE, I finally found where this silly exclude list resides - examplesite.com/includes/init_includes/init_ssu.php. From there I could just add my new (exclude) string to the list on or about line 26 . . . . seems to be working (crosses fingers) . . .
    Sean M - Sydney, Australia

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smcelligott View Post
    Hey I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I think I am making some headway. First of all I had Simple SEO installed and running just fine in 1.38, and it continues to run in 1.50. The problem is there are no menus. In order to manage aliases, I go to the link . . . examplesite.com/admin/ssu.php (note: I use this for other mods that are not 'menu certified' for 1.50, seems to work in many cases). However that still did not allow me to exclude additional pages . . . . with Bseduced's comments about EXCLUDE, I finally found where this silly exclude list resides - examplesite.com/includes/init_includes/init_ssu.php. From there I could just add my new (exclude) string to the list on or about line 26 . . . . seems to be working (crosses fingers) . . .
    I have one site using Simple SEO and tried a similar workaround on a 1.5 test site. Didn't work. But perhaps yours will.

I went to your site to see if it has the back button/page not found problem SOME of my sites had with Simple SEO and Ultimate SEO. Yours did. Go to a product, click on Ask a Question. Then hit back button from Ask a Question to return to product: goes to page not found in IE9. Didn't check my other browsers.

Same issue if go to product, then Contact Us, then hit back button at bottom of Contact Us.

Primarily an issue if, during checkout, you send customer to Conditions page. If customer hits Conditions back button at bottom, may become lost.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

I can't get this to work.. I downloaded and installed using my best guess as there were NO installation instructions included. I have read many posts here that say that there is minimal editing ( 1 file ) but nobody has ever mentioned WHICH file.

I installed by simply copying the downloaded content over the top of my installation and I am getting a blank page with this in my error log...

[Wed Aug 22 15:28:07 2012] [error] [client 192.168.9.253] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    The Hookah Store www.TheHookahStore.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    I went to your site to see if it has the back button/page not found problem SOME of my sites had with Simple SEO . . . hit back button from Ask a Question to return to product: goes to page not found in IE9. Didn't check my other browsers.

Same issue if go to product, then Contact Us, then hit back button at bottom of Contact Us.
    Hmmm, curious about this. I just tested this on Chrome, Firefox, and IE 9.0 and didn't see this glitch. I do dislike how the page displays in IE, but that is another issue, LOL.

If I go to Ask a Question, I always go back to the original item. If however I got to Contact Us, apparently I set it up to open a new browser window, so within THAT window, there is effectively no back button, but the original window should still be open. This, appears to be handled the same way with all three of these tested browsers . . . tell me more about what you are seeing, if it is different that what I see.

I believe my Conditions/Terms window is handled the same way as Contact Us (i.e. new window), but will have to check. If it isn't it probably should be.

BTW, still not drama free with Simple SEO - I'm not sure if I've broken something else, while testing, but the change of the examplesite.com/includes/init_includes/init_ssu.php may not be the complete fix, or at the very least it is not fixing my ultimate problem. If this trick helps any one else let us all know.

Cheers, Seán
    Sean M - Sydney, Australia

Plugin Contributions

I just re-checked this time not only in IE9 but Firefox and Chrome. All three browsers had back button/page not found issue from Ask a Question.

I also just noticed that the Contact Us opens in a new window, so agree that that is probably cause of that one.

I'm testing the Ultimate SEO URL* and plan to use it when I upgrade my main site to 1.5 and return to re-writing. But some of my test sites have the same problem but in the Chorme browser.

Can't explain it. But I have Ultimate SEO on a fresh 1.5 install with Classic template and everything is working (according to my browsers). As time permits I'll add a template(s) and some mods to see if and where it breaks.

*NOTE: Before anyone runs to Ultimate SEO which has been upgraded for 1.5 zencart, the very latest update has an install problem with it not showing in admin, which I believe will soon be taken care of, if it already has not. See the latest thread here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...19#post1146019
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

I have back button/page_not_found problem too for firefox and chrome. i use simple ssu and 1.3.9h

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    I just re-checked this time not only in IE9 but Firefox and Chrome. All three browsers had back button/page not found issue from Ask a Question.

I also just noticed that the Contact Us opens in a new window, so agree that that is probably cause of that one.

I'm testing the Ultimate SEO URL* and plan to use it when I upgrade my main site to 1.5 and return to re-writing. But some of my test sites have the same problem but in the Chorme browser.

Can't explain it. But I have Ultimate SEO on a fresh 1.5 install with Classic template and everything is working (according to my browsers). As time permits I'll add a template(s) and some mods to see if and where it breaks.

*NOTE: Before anyone runs to Ultimate SEO which has been upgraded for 1.5 zencart, the very latest update has an install problem with it not showing in admin, which I believe will soon be taken care of, if it already has not. See the latest thread here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...19#post1146019