Plugin Contributions

Default Two different flat rate shipping prices for two different locations

I have been searching and reading through these forums and help files for well over two hours now and can not find my answer.

Here is what I want to do.

I want flat rate shipping for all orders in the USA set to $3.50.

Then I want flat rate shipping for all orders outside the USA to be $9.00.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two different flat rate shipping prices for two different locations

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have been searching and reading through these forums and help files for well over two hours now and can not find my answer.

Here is what I want to do.

I want flat rate shipping for all orders in the USA set to $3.50.

Then I want flat rate shipping for all orders outside the USA to be $9.00.
    Easiest way I know to accomplish this would be...

Admin >> Locations / Taxes >> Zones Definitions >> Click on "insert"

Zone Name: USA
    Zone Descriptioins: USA - Shipping

Then click on "details" then "insert" and select from the drop down menu's:
    Zone: All Zones >> click "update".
    (if you will be shipping to US Teritories as well for $3.50 you will need to add "United States Minor Outlying Islands" as well... if you will not be shipping to Alaska, American Somoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands (US) you will have to add each state/teritory of the USA individually you will ship to for $3.50, instead of selecting "All Zones")

upload the files included below to the folders indicated (files are in proper structure for Zen Cart 1.3x)

Go to... Admin >> Modules >> Shipping
    you will now see "Flat Rate" and below that "Flat Rate US" click on and install "Flat Rate US" set your USA Flat Rate as you said 3.50, in "Shipping Zone" click the drop-down button, and select "USA" (the zone we set up earlier), then click update.

Now you can click on and install "Flat Rate", set your shipping rate as you stated 9.00, and click update.

This method will only show the $3.50 shipping rate when shipping to the USA, but will show the $9.00 shipping charge for all customers.

If you'd like to clean that up so it only shows the one price for the correct area, you can go back to: Admin >> Locations / Taxes >> Zone Definitions
    and create a new zone (for all zone names and discriptions, feel free to name them how ever you see fit)...
    Zone Name: All Other Zones
    Zone Descriptions: All Other Zones - Shipping

and then click on "Details" for the new zone, and add each country individually that you will be shipping to for the flat rate of $9.00 (per order).

No files are over-writen, and no changes need to be made to the database, just have to upload two (2) files both named flatUS.php, one is upladed to "../includes/modules/shipping" the other is uploaded to "../includes/languages/english/modules/shipping".

To change the text your cusomer see's (currently "Best Way" for the original Flat Rate, and "Best Way US" for Flat Rate US) you would change this line:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLATUS_TEXT_WAY', 'Best Way US');

to:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLATUS_TEXT_WAY', 'what ever you want your customer to see');
    in "../includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flatUS.php"
    to what you want your customer to see such as USPS (or who ever you will use to ship).

you can also change "Best Way" in the original flat rate module by changing:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Best Way US');

to:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'what ever you want your customer to see');
    in "../includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php"

Hope this is helpful for you, if you need any further assistance I will do my best to help you out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Great tip and thanks for the files, very easy.

Plugin Contributions

Is this actually working for you? When I set the "Shipping Zone" restriction, the shipping method gets disabled (see other thread).

Plugin Contributions

Mine shows up as orange as well, but everything seems to be working:

http://outsidelsat.com

Plugin Contributions

Ah, excellent! I should have checked the shipping estimator sooner; it wasn't working for me before, and I'd assumed that the orange lights meant it was still broken. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, that confused me too, but I think the orange just means that a tax rate is not configured? Not 100% sure on this though...

Plugin Contributions

I have used this modules as well and its working .

actualy I have clone tha flat.php file myself , but some how during checkout , it just stuck and keep looping before the payment method page.

Just a newb prgrammer and new to ZenCart , i know i have missed something .

Found this thread , download it , and walla!

Thanks, DWells