Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Online shop showing '0' for all prices

Hi all

Just in the process of setting up Zen Cart. Even though Localization -> Currencies was set a default 'GBP', the prices on the web page were showing as 'USD'

I deleted all currencies except 'GBP' from Localization -> Currencies to see if that helped...... Now I just have '0' showing for al product prices on the web page.

The products in admin still show the correct price in GBP.

I presume there is a bug or setting that means that Zen Cart only shows dollars no matter what is selected in the admin?

Is there an easy fix?

thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Online shop showing '0' for all prices

Hi,

If you go to Admin -> Localization -> Currencies , what is the value of GBP set to?

Regards,
    Christian.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the info.

However, I did as the tutorial stated and now I can't get prices to show in the product description in admin (when I upload with EasyPopulate).

I am using the same .txt file to upload I used before and was getting the prices.

Any GBP only users out there, myabe could tell me if it can be used in GBP?

Or should I just cheat and use USD set to the GBP symbol? Seems Zen Cart is not happy not being USD?

Seems an odd bug considering this is shopping cart software..... I am quite worried about this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike123acc View Post
    However, I did as the tutorial stated and now I can't get prices to show in the product description in admin (when I upload with EasyPopulate).
    If you manually create a product in the catalog admin does it work okay and show okay in the store?

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Just in the process of setting up Zen Cart. Even though Localization -> Currencies was set a default 'GBP', the prices on the web page were showing as 'USD'

I deleted all currencies except 'GBP' from Localization -> Currencies to see if that helped...... Now I just have '0' showing for al product prices on the web page.
    I did the same thing as you as above and had the same problem but it was a cache issue.. after trying it in IE instead of firefox the prices where there!

Plugin Contributions

We (Vermont Yarn Company and I: http://www.vermontyarnco.com) recently had the same problem. We're running version 1.3.7

We've been experimenting with adding different countries in zones (trying to autocalc shipping to Finland), and in the process all prices seem to have vanished.

What SEEMS to have happened is that adding countries in the zone definitions added the currencies, but set ALL currency values to 0.000000 (that value is the exchange rate, apparently).

We deleted all currencies that were not our default (USD), which didn't fix the issue. Then we noticed that when you are looking at that currency table, on the lower right of the screen it said
    Value: 0.00000000

Example Output:
    $30.00 = $0.00
    So we edited the currency value setting to 1.0000000 which gave us
    Value: 1.00000000

Example Output:
    $30.00 = $30.00
    AND this made the prices in our shops return to normal.

It's possible that this addition of currencies (and resetting of all values) occurred when we tried adding German for a language, but we think it's more likely a unintended consequence of adding zones. We are pretty sure we changed nothing else yesterday, and the currency values were all updated yesterday too.

(Of course, we haven't solved the zones issue yet either, but we're working on it.)

Plugin Contributions

Hi All!

I have the same prices , I upgraded zencart from 1.38 to 1.39 , and now its showing all prices $0 , please can any body help .. Also please note I have tried all the steps posted on https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=96 , but all in vain . Please advise .

Thanks in Advance.......

Plugin Contributions

Did you check the settings on your Currencies?

What is your default currency?

What settings are you currently using?

Do your prices display correctly in the Admin in the Catalog ... Categories/Products ...

If you switch to the Classic Template, do you see normal prices?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm running a few sites in Aus only, and if I delete the USD, all item prices become zero. This has only been an issue for 1.39e (for me anyway) as the other carts I work on are 1.38.

cheerz
    gid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast