Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible to "sell" some items, but only "showcase" others?

Is it possible to have a shop but only sell certain items and the rest just act as a showcase ?

I have some products I want to sell but others because of stock restrictions I couldn't guarantee them
    "Buy the book, its great to have a Hard copy in front of you to read step by step, money well spent."
    http://www.zen-cart.com/book

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to "sell" some items, but only "showcase" others?

You can set up products so prospective purchasers
    contact you to ascertain stock levels

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,

We are getting a lot of phone calls from people looking at the website
    But I want to be able to sell some items online but then other items will just have contact us.
    "Buy the book, its great to have a Hard copy in front of you to read step by step, money well spent."

Plugin Contributions

So you enter those products you wish to sell, with prices, description etc
    and the others, you enter as Contact Us

Plugin Contributions

Why dont you just do this:
    Set the items you dont want to sell online to 0 in stock, then you have to make a new Sold Out button, use the word Contact Us for example.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    So you enter those products you wish to sell, with prices, description etc
    and the others, you enter as Contact Us
    What misty is saying is to simply check the box that says "Product is Call-For-Price" in the admin when editing the product settings.

Your other option would be to create the products as Document-General type instead of Product-General ... since Document-General items are not purchasable ... and no add-to-cart options will be given.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Your other option would be to create the products as Document-General type instead of Product-General ... since Document-General items are not purchasable ... and no add-to-cart options will be given.
    Thanks,

Now that seems to be the best option, so I could make the products I want to sell on-line as Product general and the products I don't just set them as Document general

Now all my products are Product general is there a way of transferring them to Document general

Plugin Contributions

Glad you had posed this question as I was trying to figure out how to do it myself.

I looked to see if there was any way to change the categories for all the products but ended up resorting to just redoing all the products, but now they aren't getting sold! So I am set.

Thanks for the Post!

Seth