Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default FCKeditor Plugin 2.5

I've installed FCKeditor on my new 1.3.8 cart, and it's almost working okay. Whenever I click to upload an image, it only lets me browse "/" I can't see my /images folder or any folders inside it. I looked around to see if there is a default folder path, but was unable to locate it. Does it have anything to do with permissions? I set the entire /images folder to chmod 777 for a short while to see if it had any effect, but it still couldnt see it.

Please help.

Thank you.

Default Re: FCKeditor Plugin 2.5

Looks like it's defaulting to /myfiles/image/

I need it to go to /images/

I'll tear apart the code to try and find it. If somebody knows where it is, thanks.

I thought this was it....

/editors/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php is the file you want to modify.

// Path to user files relative to the document root.
    $Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/myfiles/' ;

but after changing to /images/
    it did nothing. I'll keep looking.

I cant find anywhere else to modify on fckeditor other than that config.php file. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Default New location of images and FCKeditor

Since fckeditor is using a new location for it's images instead of the old /images/ folder, what would be the best way to either move all of my images, and have the website reflect the changes, or change the old path back to what it used to be in fckeditor, instead of /myfiles/images/ ??

Shouldn't there be a simple sql command that I can throw at it? maybe edit a few ez-pages?

But what about all of my products, and categories, and main page, ... the list goes on an on. I really dont want to start storing my images in 2 different locations.

Doesn't anybody know how to change the default location of all of your images that you upload via FCKeditor back to /images/ ??

I'm kind of stuck on adding more products untill I figure this out. I'm sure it is in the config.php file for fck editor in /editors/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php

but there are so many areas to modify, and I'm no php guru. It's a challenge for me.

Thanks for any help.

Okay, I've got it figured out.

There are a few things that need to be changed.

Open:
    /editors/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php

Find (on line 33 and 34):

$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/myfiles/' ;

Change it to:

$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/images/' ;

Also find (near the bottom)

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['File'] = array() ;
    $Config['FileTypesPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . 'file/' ;
    $Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['File']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'file/' ;
    $Config['QuickUploadPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] ;
    $Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['File']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

Change it to:

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['File'] = array() ;
    $Config['FileTypesPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . '/' ;
    $Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['File']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'/' ;
    $Config['QuickUploadPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] ;
    $Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['File']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

I've tested these settings, and they work.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, just wondering if you could let me know this since you have installed the FCKeditor Plugin 2.5 plugin.

I generated some code at http://www.fatfreecart.com/ a button creater for Paypal and Google Checkout and tried to paste the generated code into the HtmlArea of Catalogs/Products = Products Information: and it did not work.

Do you think if I installed FCKeditor Plugin 2.5 would this let me paste the generated code from http://www.fatfreecart.com/ into it and make the code display and function correctly?

Here is a direct link to the button code generater http://www.fatfreecart.com/code_gen.php

Thank you

I don't see why not. I love fckeditor. It does everything I need it to.

Give it a shot. If worst comes to worst, or it doesn't work out for you, uninstall it.

Plugin Contributions

Is it me or do pages that use FCKeditor 2.5 load painfully slow? If I change to to "Plain Text" the (for instance) Product Category page loads in just under 6 seconds, ready to edit. When I use FCK to page takes twice as long.

Mark Ewell
    www.remarkablepens.com

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast